Im in mourning at the moment, no, nobody has passed away, rather Im mourning the end of Paige's day time sleeps...sigh. I knew this would happen sooner or later, but I was hoping it would be much later rather than sooner. Im happy that she lasted this long having a sleep during the day but as of last week she didnt want to know about them anymore.
I put her in her cot and she just started screaming and crying, and she works herself up quite a bit, so I have to get her out of there because I feel so bad listening to her get upset. She wont even take a breather on the couch, no, its non stop for Miss Paige. If she had a bit of a play in her cot then it would be great but she wont even do that, no she wants to be with me, ALL. THE. TIME!
It makes the day incredibly long now, having to entertain a 3 year old. Before it would be wonderful to have an hour and a half to myself, with both kids asleep from about 11-1.30, but now, Summer is the only one who has the day sleep. Im keeping everything crossed that she lasts till she is 3 years old too. Im not ready for her to give up that day sleep just yet!
The thing that makes it hard is that Paige thinks that Summer doesnt need to sleep so she goes and bangs on her door and makes a hell of a lot of noise. At least today she let Summer sleep, but I think Paige gets bored without Summer. Im going to have to think of some activities for her to do with me while Summer is sleeping. Ive tried crafts but Paige just wants to put everything in her mouth; the plastic eyes, the pipe cleaners, the foam shapes, the crayons, etc, so I think thats out for the moment.
I think Im going to have to take them to the indoor playcentre one day soon, just to let them burn off some energy and hopefully, Paige will have a snooze. Last week, while it was stinking hot, there was one night where Paige just fell asleep on the sofa at 6pm, she was that tired. When we put her to bed she wasnt happy but she fell asleep soon after.
I love my Mondays, at least Paige is with kids and she gets to play and I get a break for a bit.
5 comments:
Poor Danni -- I feel for you! Paige should still be taking naps even if it is a short one. Sorry to hear that she refuses to take them. Not surprised about the 6:00snooze. Hang in there, which I know is easier said than done.
Oh dear, good luck Miss D. I hope Paige goes back to her naps soon!
xoxo
Oh Dan! Commiserations! I know my day is coming :( Lolly doesn't sound too far behind Paige....
I agree, it's so good for them to see other kids and play. ATM, Miss L is just so darn testing of ev-er-y-thing and Mummy here is just not cutting it for stimulation and social contact ;)
I wanna meet your girls! Hold me to my promise. We must meet this year. You have to try and convince me in person of this Savage *thing* ;P xx
Saying hi from SITS!
I don't know what the "usual" age range is for afternoon naps to end, but I know that when I started Kindergarten I still needed and wanted our "nap time" on the mats on the floor. Maybe some kids (and adults) need more sleep than others.
I feel for you Danni, it would be tough not having a minute's peace, even though you love your babies so much!
Post a Comment