Sunday, November 02, 2008

Summer's First Happy Meal

We went to Bunnings today (for Jude and Janna, Bunnings is a huge Hardware store that sells everything and anything) and had a look around.  Paige enjoyed herself running thru the aisles and having a look at all the plants and out door settings.  She really wanted to have a play on the play equipment but there were too many big kids and it wasnt really a playground suited to little kids like Paige.

Afterward we had lunch at Mc Donalds.  I had a Deli choices roll, in case youre wondering, and I bought Summer her first Happy Meal with nuggets, chips and a water.  Paige just has fries as she doesnt like the burgers and doesnt eat the nuggets.  Summer looked so cute sitting in her high chair chomping on french fries.  Every so often she'd hold out a chip to me and say "Ta" for me to take it, she loves to share, and so does Paige but when it comes to fries its every baby for herself! They definitely take after me liking french fries, theyre my major weakness.

I know the "Food Police" would think its bad for me to give a one year old child a happy meal, but FFS it doesnt happen every week.  It was a treat for them both, and tonight they had meat and sliced potatoes, and Paige had coleslaw so at least theyre having vegies.  I dont make it a habit to give my kids junk food all the time and they do eat quite well at home, Summer is a guts and will eat anything thats put in front of her, (kinda like me) and Paige is a little fussy, but I guess its just her being a toddler.

Anyway,  moving right along, Im quite sore today after doing Pump yesterday.  I hadnt done it for a while and even though I didnt go too heavy in my weights, my chest is very sore, as are my arms.  Also I found a pair of old jeans in my wardrobe that are a size 11 and didnt fit me for the last 3 years, anyway, I thought Id try them on and voila, they fit, and theyre loose as well! Im chuffed! Im wearing them to the concert tomorrow night, which Im so pumped for!  I so cant wait! Not long to go now! WOOT!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hugh hasn't had a happy meal as such yet however Hugh had his first taste of McDonalds at around 8 months when my brother gave him french fries!!

Hugh has also had hash browns from there before.

I agree with you, why not give your children a treat every now and again. Look at me, my brother and my sister, my parents gave us McDonald's once a week and we all survived...

Janna said...

Oooh, have a great time at the DL concert! I can't believe the date has finally arrived ... you bought the tix so long ago, lol. Looking forward to hearing all about your experience, and don't forget to blow Sav a big kiss from moi! ;D

xoxo

Jude said...

A meal like that once in awhile isn't going to hurt anyone, I'm glad she enjoyed it!

Danni, have a BLAST at the Lepp concert! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Peach said...

Glad to hear Summer enjoyed her first Happy Meal at McD's. It's always a special treat to take the kids to once in a while. McD's fries are still my major weakness.

I'm so psyched for you about your Lep concert. I want details and pics too if you can.

Anonymous said...

Lol Danni.It would be a rare child that hasn't had a happy meal at some stage lol. I'm glad Summer liked it.

How was the concert??