I havent posted about this in a while so I thought Id give you an update on where I am with my weight loss. Its going well, although a couple of weeks ago I put on a smidge of weight and my body fat went down, however last week, I lost weight and my body fat went back up a little. No biggy except for the fact that I wasnt eating all my food groups. Im supposed to eat 6 carbs, 4 proteins, 5 dairy, 5 veg, 3 fruit and 2 fats per day, and on close inspection of my food diary last week, Karen noticed I wasnt eating my quota of carbs, naughty me.
I do try but sometimes I just forget to eat afternoon tea as Im busy at that time of the day or I want to save my carbs for the evening meal and then I dont eat all my carbs anyway. Anyhoo, today I had my weekly weigh in and I lost weight again, back to 64.1kg and body fat is back down. I had my monthly measure as well and my measurements have crept up a little bit. Yes, you read right, my measurements have gone UP not down, ah well, shit happens.
There is a good reason for this, its because I havent done Pump for about a month and Im losing muscle mass and my metabolism is getting slower and Im not burning as much fat as Im supposed to be. I must confess to a bit of laziness on my part, I got a bit bored of Pump and I have been not staying for both classes on Saturday so thats why. I have every intention of getting back into Pump this week and getting back into exercise again. I dont want to fall off the wagon, especially as Christmas is coming up and I wont be able to get to the gym as much because they have limited hours during the silly season.
So this Saturday I will be throwing myself back into Pump with a vengance. I want those measurements to go back down again. When I say they crept up I mean by like half a centermetre on my waist , and another part of my body (cant remember where), Its only natural for stuff like this to happen, we are only human. My eating has been better, although I confess to a protein blow out of mammoth proportions on Saturday as we went out for lunch to a seafood restaurant and had this huge-ass seafood platter, plus I had dessert as well, which made me feel sick, but it was delicious, and it was our anniversary so I had to have something special.
Im not upset about this little setback. Our weight fluctuates, and I look at the bigger picture of how much Ive lost as a whole and its a massive achievement for me, I never thought Id be in the 60's again. It does annoy me a little that I just cant lose these last 4 kilos, I think its gonna be tough to lose this last little bit of weight, but I will persevere, I will lose it!
5 comments:
It's not always a bad thing when you have a setback with weight loss. Just continue and get back on track. Remember it's not just about losing weight. It's about re-teaching oursevles how to eat more healthy by making better choices. Also note that muscle weighs more. You might find yourself loosing inches before seeing a difference on the scale.
Good luck!
You and my sister sound like twins! You've both changed your eating habits, have each lost a lot of weight, are determined to keep it off and don't let yourselves get too far off-track.
Good luck to you, dear one, and Pump it up! ;D
xoxo
Danni, you're doing great!I'm going to pluck up the courage to do a class in a few weeks!!
I wouldn't worry about it too much Danni, its normal to have setbacks, completely NORMAL. I'd be concerned if you didn't!
Oh how I miss pump, I must get me back into pump. I love it, the best thing for your metabolism and for toning.
You're still doing so great Danni, I admire your determination and hard work!
Post a Comment