Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

I think the summer is here, it was so hot yesterday and today, today moreso than yesterday. Yesterday it was about 30 degrees, today it was 35 degrees! I had the aircon on all day and after I had to go out this morning to get weighed in and then take Paige to her physio session I didnt go out all day long, I know Paige was busting to go outside but it was too damn hot! We wouldve all melted out there.

I dont mind the warmer weather. I love hearing cicadas chirping when the sun goes down in the evening, and the warm nights with a cool breeze, but I cant stand the other insects the summer brings with it! Just a moment ago, Rob went into the kitchen and there were all these flying ants buzzing around the flurescent tube. I gave them a good dose of insect spray but then they began flying into this room, bastards! I also dont like the fact that all the spiders start coming out of the woodwork, not to mention the mosquitos, man they love me! Must be my sweet blood!

Anyhoo, no use complaining, its the first real hot weather we have had. Its only gonna get worse. Itll make doing workouts interesting! I went and did Combat last night and by the end of it I was dead! We have the fans going in the group fitness room, but when your jumping up and down it doesnt help much. Then when I got home Rob says "Your face is all red, are you hot?" No shit, Sherlock, Ive only been jumping around for the last hour! Honestly!

I sometimes wonder how I ever coped without aircon, this house used to swealter in the hot weather, now its just wonderful turning on the aircon and not feeling the heat, and its good for the kids too, best money I ever spent! At least we can all feel comfortable, especially during the warm nights when it gets down to 25 degrees.

3 comments:

Jude said...

Holy moly, temps in the 30's or even high 20's just make me physically ill. I wish we had central airconditioning but alas it's way too expensive to install in the house. And here we just got our first snowfall, which, by the way didn't stay. LOL

Janna said...

I was thinking of you in that awful hot weather, ugh! I have a bunch of locations around the globe saved on my weather.com page, so I can check in on conditions where my friends live ... I have Sista Jude's locale saved too, and it's cccold up her way, brrr!

Yes, I remember chatting with you before you got a/c and felt so bad when you'd complain about the extreme heat. I'm glad you can finally live in cool comfort instead of sweltering.

xoxo

Nicole said...

I agree air con is well worth the money!!

We ended up forking out 5k last year for air con also.

This is where I prefer winter, at least in winter you can also snuggle up and keep warm by adding extra bedding or clothing etc but in summer you have nothing!