Thursday, November 27, 2008

Santa Foto Fiasco!

Today I took the kids down to Highpoint to get their photo taken with Santa.  I thought Id get it done early as weekends are usually busy and the queue is quite long.  Anyway we didnt have to wait long which was good and it was soon our turn.  All seemed okay but that was the calm before the storm, as when I put Summer down on Santa's knee the howling started.  Paige was okay but didnt want me to leave her with some strange bloke in a red and white outfit and beard.  So I stood on one side and mum was on the other trying to calm Summer down.

The girl taking the pics was a little slow and missed a good opportunity to shoot the girls while Summer had stopped howling for a split second, but then Paige started to cry and soon we had two girls howling.  To make matters worse, my grandma came to console them and tripped while she was coming up the steps and fell onto the stage, so I think that made the girls cry even more.  Luckily she didnt hurt herself, but none of the stupid girls who were working there came to her aide.  They didnt seem concerned at all!

Anyway, all the photos were the same, not very good, so I took the one where both of them were crying! Its quite comical in a way! They look alike when they cry, Ive been having a chuckle whenever I see it! I may still take them to Harvey Norman to get their pic taken again, that one is for free.  Hopefully neither of them will cry again.  Its funny because the little boy who was before us in the line didnt even want to sit on Santa's knee and began screaming and howling and then took off.  Anyhoo, here is the pic from today.

7 comments:

Averil said...

Danni - they do look heaps like twins in this picture!! VERY cute!!

And every time I look at it I laugh!! Which makes me feel bad...laughing at poor crying whittle girls isn't nice, is it??!?? LOL!

BTW, Summer's dress is beautiful, where did you get it?

xx Ave

Danni said...

Dont feel bad cos I laugh sometimes if they cry, bad mummy I am, lol, Summer got her dress from my cousin for her birthday, I think its from Target :o)

Jude said...

I'll bet there are just as many (if not more!) pics of kids crying on Santa's knee as there are smiling. LOL! You're right, Summer and Paige look so much alike when they are crying!

Janna said...

Aww, that is the cutest photo! Santa seems to have taken the girls' crying session all in stride, but I'm sure he's very used to wailing kids, lol. Rude of the workers to pretty much ignore your Grandma after she fell, stupid cows! Fortunately for everyone she was not hurt.

xoxo

Being Me said...

Averil, PMPL!! Me too...

Danni thanks for the chuckle, they are gorgeous! And if you squint, you sort of don't see that they're grimacing, they look almost like they're grinning happily ROFLMAO.

SUCH a cute funny photo.

Makes Lolly's one this year look boringly normal now LOL!

Penelope said...

I love a good crying with Santa photo....I know it's cruel but it's so bloody funny!!!

They are absolutely gorgeous!

Nicole said...

What we do to our poor children hey?

I love the photo and love these photos as they are so 'natural'.

Hugh had a similar one last year, this year however I expect at least one of boys to play up and I have a feeling it will be Hugh ..