Thursday, November 20, 2008

Summer's Hair Cut

I bit the bullet yesterday and decided to give Summer a home done hair cut! Her fringe was so long it was getting in her eyes and it looked messy so while she was in the bath I grabbed the scissors and in one snip cut her fringe so it looked nice and neat and tidy and not in her eyes anymore. I wasnt going to take her to the hairdresser for such a simple little thing. Paige is due for a fringe cut as well so Ill be doing the same soon with her, but with the length Im letting it grow. I miss my little dolly having long hair, although she still looks like a little doll with bobbed hair.


I cant wait for Summer's hair to grow longer, Im sure it will be curly like mine, there is already evidence of curls in her hair and the poor child has a cowlick on either side of her fringe. Im cursed with the same thing, its not too bad now as my hair is one length, but Im sure if I ever got a fringe cut into my hair again (which Im thinking of doing) the cowlicks will come back to make my life miserable again, so I think its best I dont get a fringe cut into my hair.

I love putting the girls' hair up in pig tails but Paige pulls them out at every opportunity, plus her hair is so fine I cant even put clips in her hair. Summer is a bit more cooperatave, but she cries and carries on while Im trying to put her hair up in pig tails, then her killjoy of a sister will come along and pull them out.

Anyhoo, I was trying to take a nice picture of them both together yesterday for our Christmas card, and I got nowhere fast! They were both moving and mucking around and generally being uncooperative, but I did manage to get a cute one of Summer showing off her hair cut...



In other news, her top teeth still havent made an appearance, I can see them just cutting thru, and all her gums are lumpy so Im assuming that more than two teeth are gonna come thru. She also is getting more confindant walking around pushing her little ride on around the place, actually, she has learned how to push things along thanks to Paige, no wonder my floors are in such a bad state!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Cute pics of Miss Summer, and believe or not her fringe is longer than mine at the moment, lol! Good luck with the Christmas photo of the girlies ... they are a couple of live wires when it comes to staying still for pics, LOL! xoxo

Jude said...

That second piccie of Summer is sooooo cute!! LOL

I have one cowlick at the top and back of my head, and now that I'm wearing it naturally curly it's not such a problem. They can be a PITA though!