Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Long Awaited Date With The Leps

Well, last night was THE night I had been waiting for, for 16 years! Finally, I got to see Def Leppard LIVE, and it was all I expected it to be and more! Im still on Cloud 9 after a totally AMAZING, & KICK ASS live show! We got to Rod Laver arena at around 6.30pm and there were heaps of people there already. I made my way to the merchandise stand and bought my tour tee shirt and programme that turns into a huge poster.


I put my tee shirt on over the top I wore and I wore it with pride! Anyhoo, by that stage the doors to the arena were open so we made our way to our seats which were quite good, even though I wasnt close to the stage I could still see. I had the aisle seat so it was better for me. We had to sit thru the support act, a Melbourne group named The Galvatrons. They werent too bad, but I saved myself for the Lepps.


After a 20 min set, Cheap Trick came on stage and played for about 30-40 mins, I wasnt too sure as I was just thinking to myself that I wished they would hurry up and get off the stage. By this stage I was anxious as I really wanted to see Def Leppard, I couldnt stand the wait any more, lol. Finally after what seemed like a fucking eternity, Cheap Trick got off the stage and the roadies came on to get their gear off the stage and to organise Leppard's gear.


Just before DL came on stage, AC/DC's "For Those About To Rock" was being played really loud and I could see the guys just behind the cat walk at the back, and I knew that it was almost time, then the houselights went down and a huge roar from the crowd was heard as the vid screen at the back flashed with a montage of Def Leppard thru the years, and there was like a sort of fan fare, before the guys appeared and Joe sang out "Guitars", "Drums"! Everyone got up and shrieked and started singing along to "Rocket".


My eyes were darting around trying to find Sav! And there he was in this awesome jacket and black pants with his red and white bass guitar! OMG I went crazy, especially when the vid screens on each side of the arena showed a close up of him! My heart was beating like crazy, I was singing on the top of my lungs and pumping my fists and shouting and Wooting!


I tell you, the smile didnt leave my face! Joe was fantastic as was Phil and Viv. I must say, Phil has an awesome body for a 50 year old man! He was wearing these really, low, and I mean low rise pants, which showed off his man V, and I swear, if they got any lower youd be able to see, his, well, you know, LOL. Next up was Animal and then Love Bites, they played "Cmon Cmon" from "Sparkle Lounge" and I dont know how many people knew the words to that song, but I know I did, man I didnt stop singing the whole night!


By this stage, Sav was in a sleevless white shirt that was unbuttoned. I was so tempted to yell out "Sav take your shirt off" but I wasnt close enough! I tried to take pics of Sav but he runs around too much and by the time the picture is taken he has moved. I was too faraway for any decent pics but I did take a few. The set list was as follows, I dont know if theyre in the right order though as I got it from the DL official forum


Rocket

Animal

C'mon C'mon

Foolin'

Make Love Like A Man

Nine Lives

Love Bites

Two Steps

Behind Bringin' On The Heartbreak

Switch 625

Hysteria

Armageddon It

Photograph Pour Some Sugar

On Me Rock Of Ages

Lets Get Rocked

When Love And Hate Collide


At one stage Sav ran to the back of the catwalk to get changed again, and of course my eyes followed his every move! Man he looked sooo fucking HOT! His hair was just awesome, so I guess you could say my eyes were glued to him. I started the night with a very sore throat, and the night ended with a extra sore throat. Rob thought me crazy for standing up the whole night, but fuck, who goes to a concert and sits down?


At the end of the show, Joe said "There will be a next time!" Well, I hope they dont take another 16 years to get here! What can I say? except for the fact that it was FUCKING AWESOME!! When they came out to say thanks and what not, I saw Sav on the vid screen and he was saying "Thanks Guys" and high fiving people in the front, OMG, I so wished it was me up the front.


So that was my long awaited date with the Lepps! It was definitely worth the wait and every cent I paid for the tickets! If I had money and no children or husband I wouldve followed them around the country. I also wouldve liked to hang around to see if they were around their bus but Rob didnt want to hang around. Ah well, at least now I have my memories and my pics of a truely kick ass night! Thankyou so much Def Leppard, you rocked my world, and even if I never see you again, Ill always have this wonderful memory!


Last but not least here are my pics, sorry theyre not the best and theyre mostly of the vid screen but its better than nothing, enjoy!
Close up of Sav on the vid screen(yum)
Sav in that awesome coat and looking mighty hot
Group shot Sav is on the drum riser
Sav in his white sleevless shirt, thats him in on the vid screen
Phil x3 on the vid screen

Me in Leppy Heaven, (not the best pic, Rob took it and I was too close)But the smile on my face says it all dontcha think?

Forgot to add, that Sav did his trademark "Bang lift" several times, was totally hot! Well, that was my post Lepp review, and Im one happy girly as you can tell by the lenght of this post and how much gushing Ive done! Excited Groupie? Much!

4 comments:

Peach said...

Great review and pics, Danni. So glad you finally got see our Lep boys! Phil is looking hot as ever. I can't believe he's 50 either. Glad you also got to see our Savvy baby! He's like Jon BonJovi - the older he gets, the sexier he is!

Janna said...

Fantastic review, Miss D! I'm so happy you finally got to see the Lepps. They really do put on a great show. I agree Phil looks fabulous, and isn't seeing Sav in person just dreamy? *sigh* Your pics aren't bad for where you were sitting, not bad at all ;o)

xoxo

Jude said...

Danni I'm loving that pic of YOU!! It truly tells the whole story, and I'm soooooo glad you finally got to see them! :-)

ROCK ON!!

Being Me said...

I tried to post you a message before we left to go on hols but it kept logging me out and I got pissed off LOL... but Danni, oh I read this entry of yours mere minutes before leaving to get to the airport and was just soooo excited for you! You put ME on a high that day and I wasn't even there ;)

I LOVE the photo of you, I love your dedication to them! And don't stop posting about Sav :) (I don't have your same devotion to him but I love your passion LOL)