Monday, February 01, 2010

Paige's First Day At Kinder

Well, it wasnt as bad as I expected it to be!  There were no tears whatsoever, none from her or me!  I was sure I was going to cry.  We got there about 10 mins early and we put her bag on a hook and stood patiently until the teachers opened the door and of course, Paige had to be the first one in, with Summer hot on her heels!  As soon as Paige got inside she took off her shoes!  I cant keep shoes on that girl.  She didnt know where to start, but she found the easle and painting things and went there first, but the children had to sit on the mat for puzzle time first up.

I think Summer thought she was staying to play as well because she was excited to be there too!  I finally tore Paige away from the kitchen playthings and put her on the mat for puzzle time, and got her shoes back on as well, and it was then time to say goodbye.  I gave her a kiss and said "bye bye" and she waved back at me and said "bye" and as I left the room I expected her to come running after me to take her home but she proved me wrong, she was happily playing.

Poor Summer was so lost without Paige.  I met a friend down at the village and Summer wouldnt even go and play on the slides at the playground, she just sat on my lap, playing with the donut I bought her, she didnt even eat that!  Usually I cant even take the food away from her! Those two hours flew by and it was soon time to go and collect Paige.  Summer was so happy to see her and so was I!  I just gave her a huge hug and Paige had such a wonderful time!  I honestly dont know why I was so worried about her.

I did manage to take a few pics when we got there, so I shall share them here.  There arent many but you get the idea!
 Waiting patiently to go inside
 Playing in the toy kitchen
 playing on the mat for puzzle time
Checking everything out

8 comments:

Peta said...

I'm so happy for you....it looks like Paige had a wonderfull time, with many, many more to come :)

Janna said...

I'm SO glad to hear everything went well, and it looks like Paige had a great time and will adjust quickly to being in school. In time, Summer will also get used to the routine of being without her big sis for a few hours :D
Thanks for posting the adorable photos, Miss D, I love seeing them!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Paige just looks very content and happy to be there!! This is wonderful, Danni!! I know she'll do just fine there!! And poor Summer, missing her sister!! Well, she'll soon get adjusted to that. Especially since Paige won't be gone that long in the days. Love those pictures, as always, of those adorable girls of your's. Take care!! xoxo
Linda Lou

Penelope said...

Awww she's a big girl now. How exciting though. She'll love it and beg to go every week now!!

Xav is dying for his preschool to go back (so am I!!).

Pen
xx

Simpsonslover said...

Oh my gosh, she looks like a little girl who is CHUFFED to be there! You obviously prepared her very well, what a gorgeous little (big) soul she is.

Lots of love xxx

Jude said...

Look at how happy and contented she looks in the "kitchen" photo, how cute! I don't remember this as I was little, but when my big sister (Linda) first went off to Kindergarten the photos Mom and Dad had showed me crying like a baby as I wanted to go with her!

I'm glad it all went so well Danni girl, looks like it was a good day.

Being Me said...

Danni in case you miss it, there's an award for you to collect on my blog :)

Donna said...

Oh she looks so cute! And busy!! Oh and there is also an award for you on my blog too LOL