Thursday, February 11, 2010

Almost Here!

In a few days time,  Rob and I will be going to see AC/DC!  Ive had the tickets for so long that I completely forgot we were going up until a few months ago!  Which reminds me I have to dig them out of my underwear drawer, lol, I always leave important things in there so I can find them and the kids wont destroy them, they hardly go in there *snort*.

After I got the tickets and the end of last year was such a downer, I kinda had this meh feeling about going and wasnt excited but now that its finally here Im very much looking forward to going and rocking out!  I really, really wish it were Def Leppard but I really admire AC/DC and Rob likes them and thats why we are going anyway!  He was neither here nor there about it but I knew if we didnt go then Id kick myself as we dont know if they will tour here again, theyre getting on in age!

Im prepared to lose my hearing on Monday night cos Im sure that theyll be louder than DL were, hopefully not too loud cos then its difficult to make out the songs.  When I saw KISS back in 2001 they were soooo loud that my ears rang for days afterwards and the songs were hard to distinguish, perhaps someone on the soundboard stuffed up!  Anyhoo, AC/DC are playing their first show tonight and I know a few people that are going which made me even more excited!  Triple M have been playing them all day today, well just about anyway, so Im getting pumped!

One problem though, I have no clue what to wear!  Im sure Ill work it out, I have the weekend to sort that out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!! I'm sure you'll both enjoy the concert. I'm a huge AC/DC fan, as are my sons. They have both been to a concert here in Calgary, but I've never been. Just on video - lol!!! Actually, I'm getting too old, I'm thinking, to go to concerts - too many people for my liking!!! Sheesh!! Take care and enjoy the concert!!
Hugs!! XOXOXOX
Linda Lou

Charlene said...

Oh, we went to AC/DC last night, It was LOUD!! Good, but loud :)
My husband loved the concert...and I loved that I was sitting directly one seat in front of Hamish from 'Hamish and Andy'!! ;o)
Glad you and Rob are getting an opportunity to have time together.
Have fun!!
Charli xox

Being Me said...

Ohhh have fun Danni! Wear ear plugs LOL. What a night you guys are going to have.

OMG Charli, how cool. I love Hamish. ALthough, I can imagine he was still talking and cracking jokes even with the loud music and nobody able to hear him (I bet he doesn't shut up, even in his sleep... a bit like me! :)

Averil said...

Have a fabulous well-deserved time Danni!!!

Jude said...

AC/DC was THE LOUDEST concert I've ever been to! Have a groovin' time Danni girl! :-)

Janna said...

I'd love to see AC/DC, they are awesome and have so many hard-rockin' bluesy songs. Heard one on the car radio tonight as I was driving home from work and had to crank up the volume! Have a great time at the show, and I would strongly advise ear plugs! Since the band is so friggin' loud you'll still hear them fine, same as I did at Iron Maiden. The major thing plugs do is eliminate or significantly reduce that horrid and very scary hissing/ringing sound. I don't give a rat's ass if anyone thinks I'm a wuss ... it is so worth it and your ears will thank you ;D

HELLS BELLS! \m/

xoxo