Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Little Girl Lost

So today was Paige's second day of kinder, she had a three hour day today and when we arrived she was so full of enthusiasm!  She ran into the room, and took her shoes off yet again!  But they were going outside first of all today since it was such a hot day today.  I put her hat on and she waved me off and I gave her a kiss goodbye, she blew me a kiss as I left the room.  I had to drag Summer out of there, she was none too pleased!

After the kinder drop off I had to meet the Fundrasing co ordinator at the Young Street Kinder to help sort out the uniform orders.  I took Summer with me but she didnt leave my side, she didnt want to play with any of the toys in the foyer.  After the uniforms were sorted out, which took an hour as there were four of us, I went to the Village for a coffee and so Summer could have a play in the playground but she didnt want to! The poor little poppet is so lost without Paige and its heartbreaking!

Only after about 20 mins did she go and reluctantly play in the playground.  There were a couple of other little girls there but she didnt want to join in.  It saddens me that she only wants to play with her sister.  Ive booked her into Occasional care this friday as she has to start mixing with other little children her age, and hopefully her speech will develop.  Im wondering how Paige will go without Summer on Friday as Paige has friday off kinder this week, I know she gets bored without her but Im sure she wont be as lost as Summer has been today and on Monday!

She was so happy when we went to pick Paige up, but she thinks we are going to stay and play as she started throwing a hissy fit when we were going!  Im sure she will get used to Paige not being at home for  3 days a week and it will give us a chance to do something together.  I sometimes feel that I dont give Summer enough attention cos Paige hogs the limelight!  I just wish Summer was a little more outgoing, I think she has my personality and is shy just like me.

3 comments:

Jude said...

Not to worry Danni, both girls will get used to doing things apart from each other too. In the meantime, enjoy your one-on-one time with them both! :-)

Anonymous said...

Exactly what my sister said, Danni!! All will work out for both of them. And for you, too!!
Hugs to all!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou

Being Me said...

Awww, I hadn't even thought about that (was caught up in the excitement for Paige)! Poor wee pet. I'm sure Summer will be used to it very soon and really relish her one on one time with you as well as learn to seek out other kids to play with.