Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Year!

Its been a year since my lovely little Cleo arrived to stay with us! She was my Valentines Day present from Rob last year and you know what? I completely forgot that it was her anniversary!  Shame on me!  When Rob brought her home from the pound, she was such a fraidy cat!  She had spent the first two weeks hiding from the kids and from Panda and the dogs.  Her and Panda would have Mexican stand offs and then end up having fights!

Since then she has mellowed a lot!  She enjoys the outdoors, a little too much because she has brought home many gifts, like mice and birds! Yikes!  We have an old couch under our verandah and thats where she keeps her stash of wildlife!  Im sure I saw a canary under there once, it was a yellow bird, thats all I know and I really hope she didnt get it from next door's aviary!  The kids love her but are still a bit wary to touch her because she still swipes, not out of anger but she likes to play!

She sleeps with us at night time, at the foot of the bed, near my feet so I sometimes feel her razor sharp teeth or nails clawing my feet playfully!  She is used to the dogs but her and Panda are still not the best of friends!  Now the tables have turned and its her that goes for him!  Panda is getting on in age and sleeps the day away on Paige's bed, he doesnt like some young, smart assed cat giving him grief!.  I wish they would get along!   I have an updated pic of Cleo to share!  She still looks the same, still thin and compact!  She is very lucky to have come to our house!


No comments: