Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ive Been.......THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

Saw AC/DC last night after what seemed like an eternity  of having the tickets booked and all!  It was a truely AWESOME night!  Rob and I headed into the city and got to Etihad Stadium at 5.30-5.45pm.  Parking cost a small fortune there ($25 to park for the night, totally criminal but there was no where else to park really) and after finding a spot, started making our way topside to the arena.  There were people everywhere, it was like an ants nest, so many people.

First stop was the merchandise stand so I could get a tee shirt.  It was a total PITA because there was no defined queues and people kept on pushing in so after about 20  mins in the queue I got myself a white tank top with a girl on it sitting on top of a bell, and it had the AC/DC logo and under it had "Hell's Belle", I love it!  After that we went to have something to eat.  We got a burger and sat outside enjoying the nice Melbourne weather.  Then we had to make our way to the other side of the arena to find our aisle number where we had to enter from.

By this stage one of the support acts were already on stage and my feet were killing me cos stupid me wore my wedge sandals and I had blisters on the soles of my feet from walking.  I made a toilet stop where I changed into my Hell's Belle tank top with my mini skirt and then we found our seats which were on level 3 right up the back somewhere, but it didnt bother me that they were going to resemble ants from back there cos it was an electric atmosphere.  There were loads of people wearing devil horn headbands, that lit up, I was tempted to buy a pair for the girls but ran out of $$.

The second support act were due to go on stage, who was Wolfmother, and they lasted around 30 mins, they werent bad, but when AC/DC came on stage it was amazing!  It was loud, but not to the point that you couldnt hear what songs they were singing!  They played all their old faves, like Thunderstruck, For Those About To Rock, Hell's Bells, Let There Be Rock, High Voltage, and some newies from Black Ice, Rock N Roll Train was their opening song, was totally Rockin!  Im not sure which was my fave song of the night, most probably Thunderstruck and For Those About To Rock!  Angus did this amazing guitar solo during Let There Be Rock which seemed to go on forever!  He is a total freak when it comes to the guitar, the BEST guitarest ever in my opinion!

Granted he looks so funny in his school uniform, I  mean he could pull it off when he was younger but now, its just so funny!  There were a few blokes in the row in front of us dressed as Angus, Im sure there were many more around the arena.  And of course it couldnt be a full on rock concert without Boob flashing!  One of the songs they played, I cant remember what it was called but they were showing chicks from the GA area and they were flashing their boobs!  I couldnt help but laugh, they had guts let me tell you, dont know if I could do it.

To end the show there was a fantastic pyro display, then it was all over!  It was a great night!  I love rock concerts, the atmosphere is just so exciting, but then the annoying part was getting out of there!  My feet were absolutely killing me, I dont know what made me wear my wedge sandals!  honestly, how stupid was I?  Then we had to get thru all the people to get to the car park!  We finally got to the car and not a moment too soon cos I was ready to take my shoes off and walk to the car barefoot!  Then we had to wait to get out of the car park but I couldnt fault the night, I had an amazing night and so glad I got tickets to see them!  We ended the night by driving home listening to them in the car!

I have some photoes to share but theyre all very tiny!  I shouldve asked mum if I could use her DLSR camera but forgot!  Anyway, enjoy these!

 Before The show
 Rob Being Silly
 The Legend~ Angus Young
 I think thats Angus Again, lol
During Angus' guitar solo

6 comments:

Being Me said...

Ahhh awesome! Check out that stage!! You sound so pumped, I'm so glad you had a great night out (except for hte feet, ouch). Btw, Good one Rob *rolling eyes* ;P You guys look very happy to be there.

Danni said...

yeah I was pumped last night! Had AC/DC on in the car on the way to mums as was meeting Rob there, she lives in Footscray so easier to go from there. Still pumped now! Wish I could go again, ha

Jude said...

I'm glad you both had a great time Danni, those are great shots of you and Rob!

Penelope said...

You are gorgeous Danni! Great photos!

Glad you had a fun night. I haven't been to a concert in years. You've inspired me to book some tickets to a few things this year!

Janna said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome night, so glad you guys had a great time! I love Rock n Roll Train, it just kills! I have the video saved to my favorites in YouTube and listen to it every day. Your tank top sounds and looks adorable, the little bit that shows in the pics w/Rob, lol.
\m/

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great time at the concert. I knew you guys would. AC/DC - tremendous band!!!
Great pics of you and Rob. Take care, my dear!!! xoxox
Linda Lou