Friday, October 16, 2009

Please Tell Me There Is A Silver Lining

Im over it, completely over it! I thought Paige had completely recovered after her hospital stay, however I was wrong.  Seems she has contracted some sort of virus and she has had a mild fever and the runs all week long.  To make it worse, I had it on Wednesday and it was awful!  Im just so sick of Paige being sick, I want my happy girl back is that too much to ask?

I feel so completely helpless as I cant do anything for Paige at  the moment.  Her gastroscopy is scheduled for November 18, and because Paige isnt well this week I have had to postpone hers and Summer's party this weekend.  Ive had enough of all this and just want Paige to get better.  I feel like Ive done something really wrong in my past life or have run over a dozen China men cos we have had such a bad run of late.

Then earlier tonight I completely lost it and started reliving her seizure in hospital.  I just started to really sob as I thought of how she lay there in her hospital bed making twitching movements, her eyes glazed over and looking at me but not actually seeing me.  Im so scared of it happening again.  I cant even begin to imagine how awfully pear shaped it couldve gone if no one had noticed it happening.

We have an appointment on Tuesday with Endocrinology and Diabetes as her Paed wants this investigated further.  Im so sorry for the whining post again but seriously Im not coping very well at the moment :o(

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh Danni, there's truly hardly anything worse than having your children unwell, and feeling helpless to make them better. Thinking of you,

Charli xo

Janna said...

Miss D, I feel awful that Paige is sick again. I hope she gets better soon so you can reschedule the girls' birthday celebration ... Lord knows, you all need and deserve a BIG party! I also hope you are doing better
{{{HUGS}}}

xoxo

Jude said...

Aww Danni girl don't feel you've done anything "wrong", it isn't you. I'm so sorry to know Paige is sick again, and I hope she's better ASAP. Sending hugs to you both....

Anonymous said...

Aww, Danni!! I'm so sorry to hear Paige is ill again, but please, please don't blame yourself. These things happen and it has nothing to do with the parents involved. I sure as hell understand how you feel, though. You don't wish to be constantly under the cloud of illness and that's what it seems like is happening. Perhaps the doctor will come up with something from the tests to help out. Chin up my dear, and prayers going your way from hear - as well as lots of hugs!! xoxoxoxoxoxox
Linda Lou