Friday, October 09, 2009

A Me You Have Never Seen Before....

I washed my hair today and when I was my hair I always let it dry naturally cos the heat damages it too much with all the straightening I do.  Anyway I thought Id take a photo of myself with curly hair just to show you all.  I dont think Ive ever shown you what my hair really looks like so here goes....


curly
*note my hair looks bright orange because of the bathroom lighting*

For what its worth, I dont ever wear my hair like this!  I totally hate it!  Although in this shot it doesnt look too bad, but it resembles some kind of mop or a breed of dog who has an unruly coat.  It also tends to frizz if Im not careful.  It never used to be curly! When I was a kid I used to have hair down to my bum and the weight of it made it not dead straight but it wasnt curly, there was a bit of a wave in it.  Then I cut my hair and it went like this! Bloody hell!  Sure people are envious of my curls but let me tell you, there is nothing to be envious about!

I much rather me with straight hair like this....


straight
I love my GHD styler, best money I ever spent cos I use it so much, hence why my hair dries out so quickly but Im using a heat protective spray so it doesnt dry out and get split ends.  Summer has inherited my curls as her hair is pretty curly and she had loads of hair just like me.  Paige has very thin hair and it curls just a bit at the ends but kids with Down Syndrome tend to have thin, straight hair anyway.

So there you have it, me with curly hair and me with straight hair.  I know which me I prefer :o)

3 comments:

Janna said...

Well, I have to side with you on this one, Miss D. While I don't think you look bad at all with curly hair, I also prefer the straight look. As I think you know, I have (or had) naturally curly hair too, and went through different stages, wearing it wavy for a long time, but the past 2 years I went straight and loved it, although the chore of blow-drying was a pain in the ass every day, and one I do not miss. Yes, I've noticed Summer's thick curly hair, it looks gorgeous :D

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I honestly think the curls are very cute :) Maybe one day you will change your mind, especially as hair fashions change over time - next time the perm is the big thing you'll have a head start. You look great both ways :)
Kirsten x

Jude said...

Well Danni girl you have the same hair as I do! I straightened it for 40 years and got so sick of doing it that a year and a half ago I finally just stopped. I wear it curly now, but it's long so it doesn't stick out so much. I like you in straight hair too.

I know how damaging heat straightening can be on your hair, so when I was straightening mine, I used a shampoo and conditioner called Therma Silk and it's really good!