Friday, October 30, 2009

The Ball Is Rolling

I got Paige's Kinder confirmation a few weeks ago, she is in the Bumblebee group and will be attending Kinder 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am till 2pm!  Im so excited and sad all at once cos my little girl is growing up and it will mean I wont have her home with me all week.  Even though I used to send her to Occasional care until all this stuff with her health started, I am getting used to her being with me all week now.

Anyway, today I recieved a letter from the Kinder about the Annual General Meeting/Enrolment meeting being held next month.  They also enclosed a nomination form so you can volunteer to be part of the committee.  I wasnt going to but I decided to volunteer my services as a Fundraising Assistant to the Fundrasing Coordinator.  There are 4 positions for this and I would love to be one of them.  Its a pretty easy job, just basically helping the coordinator of Fundraising with distribution and reciept/collation of orders.

There were other positions that appealed to me, like Uniform coordinator and Scholastic Book Club Coordinator but I was draw the the Fundraising Assistant's position.  I really hope I get it, would be great to be involved with the Committee.  I plan on taking a very active part in the girls' education.  I already decided I will be doing Kinder duty and helping out there and maybe when Paige goes to school Id love to be able to go read to the kids in Prep, or maybe be a canteen helper.

We also got a uniform order form.  They dont wear uniforms at Kinder but you can purchase Tee Shirts or sweat shirts with the logo on it and they will be required to wear a hat when they go outside.  It should be interesting, considering Paige is always taking her hat off!  Im so excited, and looking forward to playing a part in the running of the Kinder.

Im feeling better today than I did yesterday.  Im still angry with that FC, and now Ive been told by a mutual friend that she (FC) has gotten her kid into a 15 hour kinder group instead of the 10 hour group she was in, Im hoping it's not the group that Paige is in cos I dont really fancy doing kinder duty with her hanging around, we shall see what happens next  year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! So Paige is going to be a Bumblebee - Lol!! That is so cute!! This will be exciting not only for you, but for Paige. Yes, she certainly is growing up. I remember reading your blog when you were pregnant with her, and it doesn't seem very long ago!! Strange how time does fly. Take care my dear and give the girls a hug from me and -- hugs to you, too!! xoxoxoxox
Linda Lou
P.S. Happy Hallowe'en!!

Janna said...

A Bumblebee ... how utterly adorable, although it's so hard to believe Miss Paige will be going to school already, yikes! I hope you get the fundraising assistant position, and think it will be a great gig for you. Good luck, and keep us posted!
xoxo

Being Me said...

Bumblebee! How sweet!

I admire and am in awe of you, wanting to actively take part in the committee like this. You're an inspiration. I've heard horror stories LOL. But I, too, will probably be a die-hard contributor, I'm sure, when it comes time ;)

Danni said...

Kirrily, Im just hoping that if I get in that Bitchface wont be part of the committee as well, thats all I need!