If you take something off her thats forbidden, she will start to stamp her feet and cry and carry on. Paige never did any thing like that, especially the throwing herself down on the floor and crying routine! This is a first in our home! Its quite funny actually, I cant help but laugh when she does it, its such a great performance. I have learned not to react to it because it fuels it more, so I just walk away.
She hasnt done it while out, so thats a good thing. Paige still doesnt throw a lot of tantrums, there are the occasional ones but they are far and few between. Summer is a different kettle o fish....she is starting young and it will probably get worse from now, ah well, we shall cross the bridge when we get to it.
On the talking front, Summer is still only saying a handful of words and its frustrating me big time! I do everything I should be doing, like repeating things back to her but she wont say anything, just copies Paige's vocalisations. I know I shouldnt worry cos its early days and each child develops at their own rate but come on, surely she can say more than "Shut up" and "Bye" and "Mumma", I guess another 'word' she is saying is "Sshhh" but I guess thats not really a word.
I find it really funny in the evenings, its like someone switches on the overdrive button and she goes completely 'loco' (loco;crazy in spanish) Its hysterical, she has become such a daddy's girl too which is fantastic, I was worried she would only love me and not Rob in the early days, for some reason she would just cry when I wasnt here. But its all good, except for the talking part, come on Summer, hurry up and start chatting!!!
ps~ Yeah I know, Ill probably be eating my words when she does start talking and Ill be on here whinging and wanting her to shut up *snort*
6 comments:
The talking will come, then of course they never shut-up!
Xav is turning 2 soon, and in the last few months he has had a HUGE word explosion, copying everything and putting longer sentences together. Summer will probably go from a few words to lots, all very quickly!
2 y/o tantrums are just funny.....its the 3 y/o that press my buttons!!
Miss D, sounds like you are one busy mumma these days! And I couldn't help but laugh when you wrote that Summer says "shut up" ... LOL! Out of the mouths of babes, eh? *snort*
xoxo
LOL, yeah well I think Im guilty for that, I say it a lot. One day we were going to pick up Paige from care and there were kids outside playing and she says "shut up" although it sounds more like "ouw up"
Summer sounds like she has a lot of spunk! I love it!
Don't worry about the talking. Xav didn't start until he was 2 and even then he was still rather slow.
You are right though - you'll regret them talking once they start...Frankie never shuts up and it drives us crazy sometimes!!! She has started the tanties aswell but like Kirsten said - 2 year old tantrums are so funny - they think they are so cool and grown up!
Oh theyre hilarious! So full of drama, lol!
Can't get a word in edge-ways here, either! But wouldn't have it any other way.
I loooove that Summer goes 'loco' - can just imagine!
Post a Comment