Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love My Friends Part 2

I am so happy to have joined Fernwood as I have met some wonderful people, Kaz being one of them, she is not only my friend, but also an insperation and a confidante. I know I can tell her anything and Im not afraid to show my feelings in front of her. Ive cried many a time in her office and I know she wont tell me to "Suck it up" and deal with it. Recently though, I met another wonderful lady at the gym.

She is a relative new comer and we just started talking one day as her son has autism and I was telling her about Paige and how she has Down Syndrome. We then got talking about Early Intervention and consequently, her son and Paige share the same Early Intervention teacher, although her son is 11 years old now and doesnt do EI. She then started asking me what services I use, like which respite service etc and she gave me all this useful information.

She even went one further and got me some forms for a Companion card, which is a special card that people with disabilities use when they are going places with their Carer. We had a good long chat about our experiences with children with special needs, and man, it was sooo good to actually talk about it in person with someone who understands and is in the same position. This wonderful lady, who's name is Wendy, just went away to Vanuatu for a week and I really missed her at the gym, but she was back this week and she brought me back a little souvenir, and I thought that was so sweet of her, considering we only just connected.

Wendy is one of the sweetest and funniest people I have befriended. She just draws you to her with her friendliness. I know Ive probably said this before somewhere in this blog, that I sometimes feel on the outer in my old playgroup, and some of those women, particularly one woman, is like a fucking sheep, wanting to send her daughter where another woman is sending her son, its like she cant do anything without the other and I really hate that, I dont know why but it irritates me. Maybe its because she chooses to send her Daughter somewhere else and not with mine. Maybe its because I feel that she doesnt want her daughter to be friends with mine.

I honestly dont know why. I thought this woman was a friend, but its obvious she is much friendlier with my other friend than me. This from a woman who used to bad mouth said friend with the little boy when we were in playgroup together, now it seems she is sucking up and I think thats what pisses me off the most. She barely comments on any of my things on Facebook, yet is always all over the other friend like a rash...Im seriously thinking of deleting her, its a matter of time I think.

Anyhoo, back to Wendy, she totally Rocks and she brightens my day and makes me laugh. I know I can talk to her as she totally understands where Im coming from, she is truely one in a million!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Wendy sounds like a lovely person. I'm so glad you both connected. It's a great feeling!

xoxo