I took Paige to her first ever dancing session today at a dance studio near my place called Abstars. A lady who works at the gym helps her daughters (who are dancers and dance teachers) run it and I asked her the other week if they had kindy classes there. She said they have a group of 3 years and up called "Mini Groovers". They dont do structured routines as such, its basically just a fun class and they dance and play games.
I was really looking forward to taking Paige to do some dancing and mucking about, but when we got into the studio, she went all shy and didnt want to join in! She didnt want to leave my side, however Summer, who is too young for the group, went and had a bit of a run around. It really broke my heart to see Paige just sit there beside me and not want to join in with the other little girls. I guess she was a little overwhelmed by them and there was one, who was a bit bossy and a bit of a PITA know-it-all (there seems to be a smart assed kid every where you go, unavoidable, unfortunately).
I reckon Paige just doesnt like P!nk's music, cos they did a bit of jumping around to her music for the first 10 mins of the class. Then they did "Ring a Ring O Roses" and I could see that her shyness was beginning to wane but she didnt want to hold hands with the kids, much rather do it on her own. The teacher wanted to take her hand but Paige didnt want to go with her. I confess to having a bit of a cry, and really wishing that she would just join in.
Coincidentally, a friend of mine arrived just a bit after the class started and I was pleased to know that she takes her little girl there. But after about 10 mins, Ellie didnt want to stay anymore. She was trying to get Paige to move around but my girl was really being uncooperative. After it all finished, I had a good old cry in the car, it just really upset me that Paige didnt want to join in. I know Im probably being a real dumbass and its unnecessary for me to cry about it.
At least she wanted to stay, she was just not ready to have a go yet. Im hoping that next week she will be confident enough and join in with the other kids and show the others that she can dance too!
3 comments:
Aww, I hope Miss Piage will get over her shyness, it sounds like such a fun activity for her to get involved with. Perhaps she has to sit on the sidelines a time or two just as an observer, until she feels comfortable joining in with the other girls. I wouldn't fret over it too much, although I'm sure it was disappointing for you. Keep us posted, Miss D. xoxo
Don't worry...Xav is like that when he starts anything new and it takes him a good 2 - 3 weeks to get into it.
Before you know it Paige will be up there showing you some cool moves!!!
I'm thinking the same thing too Danni, after watching from the sidelines for a bit she may just start feeling comfortable enough to join in. Hang in there!
Post a Comment