Thursday, June 04, 2009

Brag Time

Im just so chuffed with Paige at the moment! Honestly, she just surprises me every day.  Our Early Intervention worker comes to our house every second week to do some activities with Paige and  she has seen such a change in her.  Before, she would jump from activity to activity without actually finishing anything.  Now she sits at her table and chairs and participates in different activities and finishes them all.  Marcia was so happy that she has started to do this.

Her signing is really taking off as well.  Paige has been learning Makaton sign language and so far all she really has been signing is "More" and "Finished", but Marcia made her a little book with pictures of a dog, cat, cow, pig, and horse and she has picked them up and is signing each one! Im so happy!! She will point to Jess or Buffy and sign "Dog" or I will do a oinking sound and she will sign "Pig".  I have the Makaton book on loan so I will scan and make copies to learn and teach Paige more sign language.

Not only has she learned them but Summer has learned them too, but I really wish she would learn to talk more!!! Its so frustrating.  I repeat every single thing to her and yet she still copies Paige's vocalisations!!!  It seems my Summer isnt a genious child who is talking like she has swollowed a library book!  Although, if I ask her where Paige is she will point to Paige.  Or if I ask her where Jessie is she will point to Jessie, so she understands and has good comprehension.  She is still only saying Mumma, Daddy, shut up, bye, no, yes, woo woo, but nothing else.

Very frustrating indeed!! I just wish she would start talking more!!!

1 comment:

Janna said...

What a wonderful tool for Miss Paige to communicate! Thanks for posting the link, it's very interesting. Sounds like she is making good progress which must be such a relief for you. Funny how Summer is also picking up signing, but I have a feeling she will start gabbing all on her own before you know it!

xoxo