Friday, June 26, 2009

A James Gold Mine

Okay, so Ive been doing a little digging on the www and found a slew of info and pics on my James, not when he was in Pseudo Echo, but when he was in Invertigo, a group consisting of his two brothers Vince (formerly of Pseudo Echo) and Gerry, and lead singer Christian. I mentioned in a previous post that the Leigh brothers were in a group called Vertigo in the late 90's with a singer named Hugh Wilson, however he left the band, and they hired Christian and renamed the group Invertigo (are you confused yet? cos I am, lol). They had a couple of hits, one being "Desensitized" and a hit album named "Forum". The group disbanded though when Christian left to pursue other things.

I found a cool video of theirs on youtube and downloaded a couple of songs onto my iPod. While watching the video I was surprised to see James playing guitar, I always thought he played keyboards but not so apparently. A bit of a backstory on James, he started playing piano at age 5, started playing in wedding bands at age 12, left school at 16 to pursue a career in Pseudo Echo, playing keyboards. He also co wrote many of Pseudo Echo's songs as well as Invertigo's, he can also sing (not to mention move, I just love it when he dances around the stage with his guitar or keyboard), so as well as being a gorgeous guy, he is mega talented!

Lastly here are two videos, the first one is "Forever Lately" by Vertigo

(Thats James in the yellow jacket, playing keyboards, Vince on drums, Gerry on guitar and Hugh on vocals)
The second one is "Man Enough" by Invertigo

(There are some amazing gorgeous close ups of James...be still my beating heart)

Enjoy!!

No comments: