Friday, May 07, 2010

Very Proud Mummy!

Oh Gosh, my girls have had me in tears this week, not because theyve been naughty (well, Summer did push the buttons a little on one particular day, but thats not why they had me in tears), theyve just made me so proud to be their mummy.  On Wednesday, I went to pick Paige up from Kinder and I had a peek thru the door and saw her sitting on the lap of a mum who was doing kinder duty, she was sitting there, dancing and having fun and the other kids were all dancing to L-O-V-E by Hi 5.  Well that just made me cry!  I had one of my "Paige Moments" and Irene, the kinder assistant thought something had happened because she saw me crying but I had to explain that I was crying with happiness cos I was so happy and proud of Paige to be fitting in so well at kinder.

Then today it happened again!  Us mums were invited to a mothers day afternoon tea, given to us by the Bumblebees!  It was such a lovely afternoon and again, Paige had me in tears with that bloody Hi 5 song and all the mums recieved a special gift from our kids, made by the kids....
My special mothers day gift and card


A terracotta pot, painted by Paige, my artiste in the making, and a little bag of lavender, plus a card that says "Dear Mummy, I think you are special and I love you because you make me special playdoh, love from Paige".  That made me so happy and all gooey inside.  Here are a few more pics from today....





Mummy and Paige, both in stripes!

Then this afternoon I got a card from Summer that she made at daycare.  It had a little drawing on the front of it and inside was a verse that was stuck in by the carer.  When I read it I just burst into tears and I want to share it with you here....

"I miss you when we're not together
Im growing up so fast
See how big Ive gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, Ill change a lot
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So save this card in a safe place
And take it out each year
The memories will come back of me
When I was small and dear.
Happy Mothers Day"

Just reading it again has made me cry!  I dont think Ill read it without crying because its just so beautiful and so so special!  I know she didnt write it herself but its the very first mothers day card she made me and Ill treasure it forever!  Im so very proud of my beautiful girls, I may not sound like I am sometimes when I whine about them, but I love them so very much and Im so proud to be their mummy!

5 comments:

Jude said...

I know how much you love your girls Danni, and every mother needs to vent a little sometimes. :-)

Those are sweet gifts from the girlies!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Danni, both those cards made ME cry!!! That is so sweet!! I am so glad that Paige is doing so well at Kinder and I still get such a kick out of Bumblebees - so adorable! That painting job on the flower pot is pretty darned good, I might add! I'm sure she will be a fantastic artist one day, since she already is one! And Sister Jude is right, you do need venting time once in awhile and we all realize that you love your girls very much!! Take care, and keep those adorable pics coming -- LOL!! (Sorry, I just love seeing the pics of the girls and you and hubby - you guys are a great family!). Hugs to all! xoxoxox
Linda Lou

Kirsten said...

Very sweet little gifts from your gorgeous girls. The pic of you and paige together is so lovely.

Happy mothers day for tomorrow!

Janna said...

I love the gifts, the cards and the photos! I've seen the rest of Miss Paige on your FB page, and they are all precious!

xoxo

Being Me said...

Oh Danni, I am finding it hard to see the screen because I have tears too! How very special. She is so scrummy that little (big!) girl of yours... I'm so pleased for you that Paige is fitting in so wonderfully, it sounds like you have found just a gem of a place there for her xoxo Blessings.