Okay so Ive been learning how to knit! I googled knitting for beginners and found some useful info and video on youtube to help me. I went and bought some gorgeous red feather yarn yesterday but when I started casting on, found that it was tangling quite easy so ditched it and found an old knitted blanket and started to unravel that to use that yarn. Once I learned how to cast on, I found it easy enough, especially the way the video tutorial showed me!
Then yesterday I just practiced basic knitting stitch, until I botched it somehow, so I unraveled that and thought to try the feather yarn again but it was still getting tangled, a shame really its lovely, I didnt spend much on it, only 75c from The Reject Shop, Ill be going back tomorrow and getting some plain yarn so I can start doing things properly.
So today I taught myself the Purl stitch, its quite easy once you get the hang of it, and I think Im really getting the jist of this knitting gig, however, I have more to learn and loads more practicing before I start any projects, Im so slow it takes me forever to knit a row of stitches, plus my carpel tunnel starts giving me grief if I do it for too long. I had to have a giggle at myself yesterday, I was sitting on the couch with Cleo next to me, watching TV while I do my knitting, I felt like a little old granny :P and by the time I finished my row my hands felt like an old granny's who has arthritis!
4 comments:
Ouch, I sympathise about the carpal tunnel Danni girl. I've got really bad tendonitis in my wrists so I know how using them too much causes tons of pain.
You know.... I stopped knitting and learned instead to crochet years ago, and I find that a bit less hard on my wrists. Also, crocheting (at least for me) was faster and easier.
Good luck grandma! hee hee
Oh my --- I know just how you feel!! I have arthritis these days and although typing and certain other activities don't bother my hands, knitting sure does after a while. Good luck with it, Danni. Can't wait to see your creations. Hugs to all!!
xoxoxox
Linda Lou
Oooh Nanna, you're underway! :) It is such a great pastime, really. I used to do it as a meditative, nurturing sort of "me time" hobby when L was a few months old. Sorry to hear about your CP. Youch.
Gosh, I know so many people with carpal tunnel syndrome! I hope you can get through your knitting projects without too much discomfort, Miss D. Can't wait to see your first official creation ... Grandma *snort*
xoxo
Post a Comment