Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day Weekend

Mothers Day weekend started on Saturday, with the arrival of the girls new cubby house!  My parents got it for them from someone they know who was selling it as these people were moving house and they had no room for it at their new place.  The kids got to spend Saturday with my mum and my grandma, as well as Mothers day with them, so they were very happy and my mum and grandma were stoked to have spent the day with the kids, and me of course!  Here are some pics of the girls new cubby house, from which I was banished from today!




They havent stopped playing in it!  As I said, I was banished from it today, Paige didnt want me in there, and told me in her own little way to go away! Every time I tried to make my way anywhere near it to see what was going on in there, she would come out onto the little porch and gesture to me to leave!  LOL, kids!  Then yesterday my parents and grandparents were over again for lunch.  Rob's parents and grandparents didnt make it this year, so it was nice and low key!  I got a nice new pair of pyjamas and a pair of black boots (both that I picked out myself).  No breakfast in bed but it didnt bother me, I felt that I had gotten the best gifts ever on Friday from the kids, the special little things they made me at Kinder and daycare!  Of course every mothers day has been special for me but this year it has been extra special because of the handmade gifts that I shall treasure forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day. That is a wonderful house the girls have. Never seen one that nice!! Love the porch!! LOL!! Keeping you out of their house, that is so like little kids. Wanting their own space, I guess. Thanks for sharing more pics of the kids, I absolutely love seeing them. Hugs to you all!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou

Jude said...

How cool is that, the girls will have hours of enjoyment in that over the years!

Janna said...

The cubby house is very impressive, and I can imagine how much the girlies love playing in it! Love the porch, and they look so adorable in the middle pic standing at the door, lol.

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Miss D. You SO deserve it!

xoxo