Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Proud Mummy Brag Time

Today, our Early Intervention worker, Marcia went and visited Paige at kinder, instead of coming here.  I got an email from her later this afternoon and she was happy to report that Paige is very busy and doing well at kinder!  She has become quite independant and knows the routine now.  She doesnt stay at one activity for very long but we already knew that, she likes to flit around like a little butterfly and go from one activity to another!

Her teachers are very pleased with her too so thats great!  I never had any doubts about her fitting into the routine and the group, I knew she would do well but it just makes me even more proud to hear it from her teachers that she is doing so well!  I was also told that she attatches herself to the parent helper and I sort of already knew that from various mums telling me about what they and Paige did during the day!  My mum will be taking my place at Kinder duty in a couple of weeks so it should be interesting to see what Paige will have mum doing!

Her Bumblebee group has a show and tell bag going around at the moment.  Each child gets a turn at taking it home and then bringing something in for Show and tell the next time.  Its Paige's turn to bring something in and Im going to send her Abby Cadabby doll with her, with a few notes on why its so special since she cant talk about it properly.  It makes me sad that she cant talk about it but Im not going to wollow about it!  Also starting this friday, they will be able to borrow books to bring home to read, that should be interesting to see what book she will borrow!

Oh and another thing, she is getting quite good at climbing!  Yesterday while at Mc Donalds, she went right up to the top of the slide, then got pissed off cos she couldnt climb up higher then refused to come down!  She wanted my mum to go up there and help her however mum is too big to fit in there!  Paige came down eventually though, after a lot of coercing !  I was just scared that she was frightened to come down then, you know how a cat climbsa tree then is too scared to come down?  But luckily she came down all by herself!

4 comments:

Janna said...

That is such wonderful, reassuring news! I'm so glad for you and Miss Paige, and I know how proud you are of her for doing well and fitting in at school. I can just picture her "buzzing" around from one activity to the next, lol. I'm sure your mom will have a blast when she goes next week! Keep us posted.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear this, Danni! Wow - she is doing so well, and that is wonderful! Yes, like Janna, I can just picture her "buzzing" around from one place to another - just like a "bumblebee" Lol!!! Take care and hugs to you all! xoxoxoxo
Linda Lou

Being Me said...

Tremendous update! Awww kinder duty, I'm looking forward to that too.

You always write about Paige's developments with such open honesty and grace... and pride. You're such an inspiration, Danni, and so real. Thank God for you being you :)

Jude said...

Your little Paige gives you so much to be proud of, she's a darling little girly! I can't wait to hear how it goes with your Mom there, I'll bet Paige will have her so busy she'll be tuckered out, LOL!