Im not mummy, mamma or ma, to Summer I am "mommy". That is how she is pronouncing it, the American way! I have no idea how she picked it up as she barely watches any television bar Hi 5 and The Wiggles so I have no idea why she is saying it that way! I think its cute though, but today it has grated on my nerves because every five minutes its been "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" And here I was a few months ago whining and complaining cos she wasnt saying much at all, I knew that it would come back and bite me on the bum! He He!
To Paige I am "Mamma" and it warms my heart when I hear her say it because of her limited speech. Dont get me wrong I love it when I hear Summer call me "Mommy" I just wish it wasnt ad nauseam! Speaking of Paige, I had to keep her home from Kinder today, poor petal was feeling off colour and my mother's instinct knew she wasnt going to be well on Monday after I picked her up from Kinder. She fell asleep in the short car ride home, and she barely ate a thing that afternoon, usually she is begging for toast as soon as we walk in the door.
Then yesterday she woke up okay but by the time the afternoon rolled along she wasnt herself, she wanted cuddles and her dummy which signals her being unwell! Today she wasnt too bad but after a brief afternoon nap she woke up feeling unwell and had a mild fever so off to the Dr tomorrow! We have had such a good run, the bloody winter lurgies have had to come along and crash the party!
2 comments:
Well, Danni, I pray Paige will be ok. I was so, so worried when she was in the hospital and so ill!! I'm hoping it may be just a bug.
Please let us know what the Doctor says. And Summer with her "Mommy" - so sweet!! Yes, the little darlings can drive you nuts with their newfound speech habits - Lol!!! Take care and hugs and prayers to you all! xoxoxoxox
Linda Lou
Sending positive thoughts and love to Paige, please keep us posted Danni. I hope she's feeling better again in no time!
Post a Comment