I have a slightly embarrassing confession to make, Im a HUGE fan of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). So much so that every Wednesday and Friday I record RAW and Smackdown so I can watch it after the kids go to bed, and sometimes Ill even watch the repeats on the Sunday! Now if you told me 11 odd years ago that I would be watching it and enjoying it I wouldve thought you were crazy!
When Rob and I got married, it used to be on every Tuesday night on Foxtel and I used to have to sit thru it and I used to loathe it! I used to think it was the biggest load of bullshit ever! Besides that I could never talk to Rob because he would be too busy being engrossed in the wrestling and he would tell me to be quiet! I only really got into it a couple of years back when Channel 9 used to screen WWE Afterburn, a highlight show, and now we have had Foxtel for almost a year I try not to ever miss a show!
Smackdown is coming down to Australia again in July and I wouldve loved to have gone but ringside tickets are about $350 a piece, yikes! And to me its not worth it having tickets right up the back somewhere, youd want to be where the action is! And Rob gets fed up with all the talking the superstars do, thats the only thing that bothers me also, sometimes on television there isnt enough wrestling, and there is more talking and acting going on but its fun nonetheless!
I have my fave WWE Superstars....
John Cena
Chris Jericho
(and no neither of these men are taking Sav's place in case youre wondering!)
And then there are the WWE Divas! Im not really into the female wrestling, I just figure its eyecandy for the male fans, but I do really like one WWE Diva, I think she is awesome....
"The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix
Wish I had her body, I think she is beautiful and my fave Diva by far, dont like any of the others much. So there you have it, my guilty pleasure, World Wrestling Entertainment! Yes I know its cheesy and very much staged but if we all liked the same thing, the world would be a very boring place to live in! Oh and just so ya know, Paige likes it too! She stands there glued to the TV when Im watching it sometimes and cheers whenever she sees the superstars so their signature moves! Its hilarious to see!
PS: I had nothing exciting to blog about tonight thats why I blogged about the WWE, I promise never to blog about it again :P



2 comments:
Hey we all have our favourite things to watch, sounds like you really enjoy wrestling! I haven't ever liked it but to each his/her own right? :-)
And I know they aren't replacing Sav, he's far too cute! LOL
Miss D, whatever floats your boat *snort*. I've never been inclined to watch wrestling programs, but it's very popular here too. And I'm guessing it's more entertaining than a boring golf tournament *yawn*
xoxo
Post a Comment