This time though Ive started with Summer as last night she surprised me and Rob by doing a poo in her potty! I was so excited (Sad what us mums get excited over isnt it?) Rob was giving the girls a bath and shouted out to me to get the potty cos Summer needed to use it. I didnt think she would do anything but suprisingly she left a little message in there, LOL!! Of course I made a huge fuss and thought today Ill get rid of the nappies.
I had her out of nappies for most of the day but unfortunately she did a couple of accidents, even after being on the potty a few times. I figure that Ill just leave her out of nappies now during the day and concentrate on getting her potty trained then I can concentrate on Paige cos that one is so lazy! Just wont have a bar of the potty or the toilet, not to mention that Im sick of buying nappies every week! Putting them in their beds was stressing me out at first but that is well and truely over and done with, theyve settled into their beds with no problems, now I have to work on this potty training thing. I wish I could just snap my fingers and have them both potty trained!
Perhaps I should just let them run around without a nappy on outside that way if they have an accident I dont have to mop it up! It will fall into place eventually though, I just have to be consistant and thats my problem, I get discouraged after they have a few accidents and I put them back in nappies! So Im as lazy as Paige is I guess :P Anyhoo, moving right along, Summer is doing brilliantly in the speech department, so much so that today she said "Shit!" She heard me saying it of course so now I have to be really careful not to swear, yikes!
3 comments:
LMAO! I'm still laughing over Summer dropping her first "S" bomb :P I'm sure it sounded both shocking and adorable, and I guess you really have to start curbing the cussin' & swearin', oops! I'll never forget the first time I heard my dad use that word ... I was well into my 20's and couldn't believe what I was hearing because he and mom were so careful and never swore in front of us kids. Guess he figured I was old enough for him to unleash his potty mouth, at least around me being the oldest, lol.
Speaking of "potty", good luck with Summer's training. Sounds like she's well on her way and will be out of those cumbersome diapers soon ;D
xoxo
OMG!! Janna, you are so funny!! LOL!!! I can't stop smiling over Summer's "Shit" word!! I remember those days, too! They'll pick up on swear words right now, it seems, and ignore other words. So cute!! Yes, Danni, the potti thing will work out in the end. I remember being extremely frustrated with that as well. I used to let the guys run around the house sans diapers, and I'd run around after them with the damned (don't let Summer see this word!! Ha!Ha!) potti!! It seemed to me that they'd be un-potti trained in their twenties!! But, I worried too much, as eventually they just did it. Thank God!! So don't despair!! No you aren't lazy, just busy and I remember doing the same thing, giving up and putting on a diaper, but don't worry, they'll get the message soon enough.
Take care, my dear, and hugs to you all!!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou
I laughed so hard at Summer saying "sh*t"! LOL!! Sweary-words do seem to be the easiest for them to mimic!
Post a Comment