Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Hip Hop Class

I thought I should do a post about my hip hop class as I didnt really do one last week as I was supposed to!  It was so awesome!  and its only a small class, there was originally 20 odd in the class but it was split into 2 groups and it makes it better and not as crowded!  Ive been trying to practice the routine we learned last week but for the life of me cant remember many of the moves, bar one or two.  I was chuckling at myself because it was rather fast when done to music.  Our teacher, who is gorgeous as well as an awesome dancer, runs through it with us first then we put it all to music.

Speaking of which I cant really say I like the song we are dancing to at the moment, something by Rihanna, but I think we will be changing the music as Rachel hasnt found a song she likes yet. Needless to say I had Rihanna and her "yeah, yeah, yeah's " going over and over in my head all Thursday night and Friday morning.  Its great cos there are no divas in the class or people with huge egos, its just a really nice dancing school, very friendly, no one trying to be someone theyre not, no wannabes, just some ladies having fun, and thats what it all boils down to.  Even when I danced years ago, I didnt do it for competitions, even though I wanted to be in the competition group but my ex dancing teacher ( the one who was ranting and raving at me last week)  didnt want to put me in with her "Star Troupe" because I was older than they were.

Im really looking forward to going again this week!  I just have to get me some good sneaker type shoes to dance in, my gym shoes are a bit too cumbersome and annoying to dance in, I need something light weight but dont want to spend too much $$ on a pair of shoes for dancing.  I think that will be one of my mothers day presents from Rob and the girls and since I have to pick out what I want Ill head over to Kmart or Rivers and check out their sneakers.  I really like these dance sneakers but seeing as no one else wears them Im not going to go out and get them.  We dont really have a uniform as such, just wear comfy clothes and sneakers for dancing...



I actually quite like these shoes for every day, they look so comfy, ah well, shall look around for some new dance sneakers tomorrow, I already told Rob thats what I want for mothers day, he he he :o)

5 comments:

Janna said...

It sounds like great fun, Miss D! I'm glad you're liking the school and everyone there. As far as that other immature cow, she can kiss my ass for ranting against you. She's wasting her time and making a complete fool of herself on a public forum, moron!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is so true, Janna. Stupid bag!! At her age, you'd think she'd know better. Best not to give her another thought, Danni.
I, too am glad you are liking your dancing school. That's just what you need, something to enjoy for "you" time. Sometimes that's very difficult to find, so I'm happy for you. Take care and hugs to you all!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou

Danni said...

Well she sent me an apology email but really there was no excuse for the way she ranted and raved! She explained the reason why she said what she said, get this Miss J, she found a lump in her breast, I mean I know she is upset but no reason to take it out on me! I imagine YOU wouldnt have ranted and raved that way!

Jude said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your dance class there Danni. The people you describe in your class are what you need!

Janna said...

So glad I checked back on this post! Thanks for the update, Miss D, and she did the right thing by putting on her big-girl pants and apologizing to you. Of course I feel for her with finding a lump and wish her the best. On the other hand, I agree that lashing out against you was still uncalled for, and as I'm sure she now realizes it didn't do her any good. I'm just sorry you had to be the target of her emotional wrath. I'm also sure she's scared out of her mind and had a good ol' cry, same as I did, but you're right in that I did not rant & rave at all. Well, I hope she will leave you alone and take care of herself!

xoxo

xoxo