Today we dismantled both of the cots that the girls had used when they were babies/toddlers. I was hoping to sell them but didnt get any buyers for either of them and I had them both still assembled in each of their rooms but today I really needed to get them out as I wanted to rearrange their rooms and get rid of clutter in there! I had a real bee in my bonnet and wanted to get so much done and I did in a way. Rob had dismantled the cots and moved them out into the shed. I vaccuumed under the girls beds and OMG there were a hell of a lot of Dust Bunnies living under there! Im almost ashamed to admit that I never move furniture when I vaccuum, only once in a while, except for in the lounge cos thats where the girls drop all their crumbs.
I washed all of Paige's cot linen that was in the drawer under her cot as Im going to donate them to the Salvation Army store near me. I have no use for them now, I shall keep one or two just for keepsakes as I have with special clothes, Paige and Summer's first dress, shoes, etc as I cant bear to part with those special keepsakes. Then I have lots of old soft toys to get rid of too! I did try to do a declutter a few weeks back but Rob came in and wanted to keep all the friggen soft toys I wanted to throw out! The girls dont play with them, they have their favourite toys/dolls and they never look at the stuffed animals! What is it with men and them holding onto stuff we dont need? Sheesh!
Then I did a few loads of washing as I had stripped the beds, actually I cant remember how much washing I have done today, but by the end of the day I had a splitting headache and I was tired and cranky cos the girls were getting in the way of my cleaning/decluttering, and theyd make more mess as Id be trying to clean the mess I had made! Paige has this thing for playing in my underwear drawers lately! I walked into our room and saw her dressing up in a lacey nighty :P and admiring herself in the mirror!
I got a fair bit done today but I just need to dust the girls' tallboys and tidy up the insides as the clothes are all over the place again! Bloody kids are always playing with things and making a mess! I guess I shouldve kept spring cleaning assigned to a friday when theyre not home!
3 comments:
It sounds like you still got a lot done in spite of the girls "helping" you along, LOL
My hubby is really bad for hanging on to things too!
LOVE the new template! I've been looking around for a different one too. Glad you got lots of cleaning done. And God bless ya for your ambition! I used to be a cleaning fiend, but am ashamed to admit that I've done a complete 360 since getting older and now detest housework! Fortunately I can mostly avoid it because my sister still has the ambition and energy to do most of the cleaning in our house. And especially last year I couldn't do much of anything as far as that goes. Not that I missed it, mind you *snort*
So funny about Miss Paige wearing your nightie ... such a little glamour-puss, lol!
xoxo
OMG!! I know just what you are talking about - kids getting in the way!! Now I have a dog and cat that both get in my way when I get a chance to clean house - probably because they hardly ever see me - Lol!! I love that about Paige getting into your drawers and trying on your clothes!! That's so sweet!! I remember doing that ---- I was especially fond of getting into high heels!! Ha! Ha! Too bad you didn't get a pic of her doing that!! But I can just imagine her admiring herself!!
Hugs to you all!! xoxoxox
Linda Lou
Post a Comment