Paige definitely takes after me! She has such restless legs when she is settling for the night! I sit by her bed till she falls asleep at night, because if I leave her she gets up out of bed many times and starts doing the night time shenannagins. So I sit by her bed and hold her hand and she usually falls asleep within 10 mins. However, some nights, especially Saturday that just past, she had the most restless legs! She was kicking the bed rail, moving around, tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable! It was getting on my nerves, lol.
And it doesnt stop there either! During the night she moves around heaps! When she was in her cot, Id hear her banging around on the sides of the cot cos she was tossing and turning. The 3rd night in her bed she actually fell out of bed from rolling around too much! The other night I went in and checked on her before I turned in for the night and found her with her feet on her pillow! That girl has ants in her pants. All. The. Time.
In hospital, she aquired the name of "springbok" by one of the ICU nurses as after she came to after her seizure, she leapt up. She was rolling around heaps in her hospital bed, she amused many of the nurses in ICU with her rolling around. Because the bedhead was elevated, she rolled down the bed and another one of the nurses over night said she was "A roll about town"! She found it hard to roll around once she had her arms pinned to the bed. That was the night they had her intubated for CPAP and they had her arms in splints so she wouldnt pull out the tubes. She didnt like not being able to move about, because as I said she has ants in her pants.
I find I have restless legs too! and I was a kicker when I was little. I used to sleep in mum's bed and always kick her. Ive never had the girls in our bed as the times I have had them in with us on the very rare occasion, Paige kicks too much and rolls around too much for me! I dont know how we spent 4 months in the same room together! Paige used to do these cat like noises when she was a baby, and as Im a fairly light sleeper, she used to keep me awake with her grunting and carrying on!
3 comments:
My boys are little kickers too, and each and every morning they BOTH snuggle into bed with us...and kick!
...sometimes I forgo the cuddles, and go fall asleep in their bedroom!
Oh my, all that kicking and squirming about would drive me crazy too! Let's hope Paige outgrows this phase as she gets older :D
xoxo
I don't move around very much at night, except my feet. They're always sliding back and forth on the sheets looking for a cooler spot, as I'm such a furnace!
Post a Comment