Friday, January 29, 2010

Paige's Kinder Orientation Day!

It was kinder orientation today!  It seemed like ages ago that we got the date for it, and it was only November!  Now here we are, in 3 sleeps she will be going to kinder for the very first time!  Ive not been too upset about it this past week, I know it will do her a world of good to get out there and mix with other children her age.  I guess we have gone thru so much together these past few months and its a bit difficult to let go!

So today was an orientation session for one hour!  We got to meet the teachers and while the teacher spoke to the parents, the kids were having fun doing different activities!  Paige was in her element!  She didnt know what to do first; Playdoh, drawing, puzzles, so much to do, and in so little time!  She didnt want to go when it was time to leave, she started getting angry, ha!  Monday she officially starts kinder and its a two week transitional period where they have shortened hours and they split the group up into two groups so the teachers can get to know the kids better, then after the 2 weeks, the two smaller groups combine into the one group.  Paige is in Bumblebees!

Monday will only be 2 hours, then Wednesday will be 2 hours then she will have friday off, the following week the hours are a bit longer, then will be the full 5 hours from the 15th February!  I still cant believe it!  That my little girl is beginning to fledge!  I am sad and excited and I hope I dont make a fool of myself on Monday and cry!  I know she will make loads of friends and gain heaps of independance, she is a sociable little character, one little girl was following her around today so Im thinking she has made friends already!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

I cried like a bumbling idiot when Brian first started pre-school. Over here they are thrust into 7 hours a day and he took it hard. Especially being away from me for the very first time.

Now he is in 1st grade and thriving. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, Danni, our little bumblebee - Lol!!!! Sounds like she is doing great already, just with the orientation day. I know how it can be for you, though. I never cried when my kids first started school, but that was only because they never cried, and were quite happy to be there the first day!! Otherwise it would have been different. Take care and hugs to you all!! xoxox
Linda Lou

Jude said...

Your little Bumblebee, how cute!! Yes I bet she'll make some good friends within the first few days. And now I wonder if Summer will get jealous and want to go too? LOL

nic said...

Ohhh I love the name Bumblebees :)

Is Paige going to a mainstream Kinder Danni?

She already sounds like she is going to love it there, how exciting for her.

xxx

Being Me said...

Oh it's so heartwarming to know she will make friends if the orientation was anything to go by! I know it's one thing I always worry myself over (that my LO is being seen out for by at least one little friend when she goes to occ. care).

Bumblebees, in relation to little kiddies off to pre-school/kindy, conjures up images of kids who have that gorgeous pot bellyness about them (cos they haven't learned they're "supposed to" suck it in yet)! Soooooo sweet.

Good luck Monday, my friends :)

Peta said...

How terribly exciting for you all, good luck and much love xx

Janna said...

It sounds like Miss Paige will do just fine :D Can't wait to hear more about her first official day at school!

xoxo

Deb said...

Wow, I can't believe she's going to school already. It seems like she was just born!!! Time sure flies, doesn't it? My "baby" is 25 yrs old now...