Friday, January 15, 2010

Meh, Meh, And More Meh

Thats how Im currently feeling at the moment!  I feel so friggen down its not funny!  And its not because of my depression, I think I have that under control, been taking my meds every day and Im going to see the psychologist again next week.  Its bloody AF that has made my moods so up and down!  I guess I should be happy, cos if AF wasnt here then Id be worried that I was pregnant and I definitely dont want anymore children!  Im happy to cluck over my friends' new babies.  Im happy with my two thankyou very much!

Im down too cos of the financial trouble we are in.  My parents, bless them, have come up with a "rescue plan" for us, its just not us as a household that is suffering but also Rob's business is in trouble too, too many debts not enough cash flow.  He has stopped talking about that car he wants but we still argue about money and its a wonder people split up over money, I hate talking about it.  Its making me feel sick, it keeps me up at night!  I wish I could snap my fingers and make my financial trouble disappear!

Another reason I feel a bit down is the realization that Paige is starting kinder very soon and even though Im excited for her as this will be great for her development and learning, Im worried about the separation anxiety.  I know she will cry, but then again so will other kids, its natural.  I honestly dont know why Im so upset for her starting kinder, she will love it, she will meet new friends, she will learn heaps of things but I still worry.

Bloody AF why do you have to stuff around with my moods?  Its bad enough I suffer from depression, but then AF comes along and makes it worse!  I feel bored and lonely and I feel envious when I see other mums together and their children playing, makes me yearn to have a group of friends.  The friends I do have are always saying "Yeah we'll catch up" but no one does anything about it, and why should I be the one to always call people? It totally shits me!

Anyway, best leave it here or I will end up wasting heaps of time and energy rehashing the same crap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw on Oprah once, that when you have AF (or more, before, when you feel crap) - is when you are intouch with your real feelings. I guess you just have to ride the wave, but at least you understand where you are on the ride.
As for kinder - I know how you feel. My ds starts this year and last night I dreamt he was at kinder and I could hear him trying to tell me to come and get him. It broke my heart. Every new thing our kids do brings so much emotion for us - I don't think it will ever end - even when they are adults!!
Your girls are gorgeous - you do a great job - you are their mum - you are a very important person.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Danni, that is sooo true!! You are a great Mom and a very important person!! You must remember this!! And our kids do constantly touch us emotionally, and yes, we do worry about every little thing --- I still do, even though my kids are 30 something. It is very normal for you to feel the way you do about Paige's kinder. She's starting a new life and it's not easy on either of you.
And you do realize that it will be wonderful, and you find it hard to understand your emotional feelings. That's normal!! Trust me!! Things will work out fine.
I certainly understand your financial straits, as I still can never see the light at the end of the tunnel in that regard. Eventually, I am sure, things will work out there as well. Just keep plugging away, Danni, and you'll be ok. Hugs and Prayers!! xoxoxoxo
Linda Lou

Jude said...

God how I hated the mood swings when I was still having visits from AF! Hang in there Danni girl. And as tough as that first day of Paige's kindergarten will be, it won't take long and it'll be exciting for both of you. Sending hugs!

Janna said...

Aunt Flo is such a bitchy, unwelcome troublemaker, aarrgghh!
I think after the initial separation anxiety subsides and school becomes more of a routine, Paige will really shine in kindergarten ... and so will you, Miss D! Feel better.
xoxo

Being Me said...

Awww wow little Paige is off to kindy soon! The hardest wrench, huh? I hope you're feeling more yourself by now. Have you thought of checking out your hormone levels with a naturopath? A skilful practitioner can work wonders and really see you as a whole person, not just a bunch of isolated, unrelated symptoms (like doctors often do).