Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bye Bye Savage Attitude

One of my fave websites, dedicated to my man Sav is closing forever!  Savage Attitude is a website dedicated to Rick "Sav" Savage, and was one of the very first websites I encountered when I became a fan of Def Leppard!  I was so happy to have found a site dedicated to only him and I also became friends with the web mistress Lori, who resides in Connecticut!  She has put so much time and effort into it, regularly updating us fans with news and pics!  Its such an awesome website, that has also won many awards.

I check in there regularly as there is a "Fan Tales" section for fans to share their concert pics and experiences.  I used to read these and become green with envy!  I didnt even know the site was closing until one of the ladies from the Sav thread on the Official Forum told us!  I had to go there myself and see and yes, it was true, Lori is closing Savage Attitude on January 12th, due to time constraints.  She is unable to update the site regularly anymore, I guess because of her job, Im not sure, but Im sure gonna miss it!  For me and countless other fans of The Bass God it was our place of worship!

Thankyou so much Lori, for giving us such a wonderful website, it will be sorely missed!



3 comments:

Jude said...

I heard, it's sad isn't it? It's been an icon for so long, and it's where I first met you and Janna, Lors and Debs all those years ago!

Janna said...

Oh wow, I had no idea Lors was closing down her SA website. I hadn't visited it in years to be honest, so thanks for posting this, Miss D. And I just read on her Yahoo group that she is also discontinuing the SA Forum. I remember when you urged me to join along with you, and I'm pretty certain that is where we first encountered our dear Sista Jude! I am sure she will confirm this one way or the other ;D

Well, Lors had a great run with both websites, and she should always be proud of the fact that she has been responsible for cultivating many friendships through her sites. And I think we can all agree that everyone's priorities, hobbies, interests and challenges change as we move along in life, but as long as the friendships endure that is what's most important!

xoxo

Janna said...

Oops, there ya go! While I was typing my comment, Jude slipped hers in and answered my question, lol!
xoxo