I think it got up to about 44 degrees or something like that! This morning was lovely, I went outside and hung up my washing, then got the girls into their bathers and we headed down to Melton Waves again, nice and early. It was nice and refreshing and we even had a go in the Wave pool while the waves were on, we sat in the shallows and poor Paige almost got knocked over by the force of the water, even though I held onto her tightly!
To add insult to injury, I got quite sunburned yesterday at Torquay, my back and shoulders are red and burned to a crisp and even though Im using Aloe gel it still hurts. Any sun on it just stings the bejesus out of it! Youd think with all this talk and stuff about slip, slop, slapping I wouldve done it but too busy making sure the kids were well covered, and even they got a bit burned, but just a touch, not like their silly mummy!
I think its still about 36 degrees outside, Im not sure, Im sitting in airconditioned comfort, but tomorrow is set to be another hot day, however not as hot as today! We are still only in January, I dread to think what February is going to be like, and Paige is starting Kinder then, wish we didnt have to send our kids to school/kinder in the scorching heat! Reminds me of when we used to go back to school in those horrid heavy uniforms, even though we had a Summer uniform and a winter uniform, it was still heavy and uncomfortable! We used to sit there in the class room, which was not airconditioned of course, and we would fan ourselves with books.
What used to make me laugh was a handful of girls would have their jumpers on and complain that they were hot and fan themselves! The teachers used to tell them to take their jumpers off instead of complaining they were hot! Roll on Autumn, I love the gorgeous autumn weather, its not too cold, not too hot, just lovely! A gorgeous combo of crisp mornings, warm afternoons and crisp evenings....mmmm yeah! Bring it on!

3 comments:
Oh my, that is oppressively hot, and I feel bad you got such a bad sunburn. Hope it calms down soon. I'm sure your washing dried in no time from all the heat, and it's good you were able to take the girls to the pool early enough. Try to stay indoors in the comfy air conditioning! (Can't believe I'm saying this as I crank up the heat for another freezing day in NY, lol.)
xoxo
Like Janna I have a hard time relating to your "summer" heat while it's winter here!
I hope your sunburn cools down soon Danni, they hurt. Can I have your AC this July? LOL
Oh Lord!!! I would never be able to survive that kind of heat. If it gets to 30 here, I'm dying!!! Hope that sunburn heals up soon, I know how bad they can be! Take care and stay cool!! xoxox
Linda Lou
Post a Comment