Sunday, December 13, 2009

What Is It About Me?

That makes people not want to be my friend?  Do I have a sign on my forehead saying "Loser" or "Dont Befriend This Person"?  Or maybe I just have cooties and no one wants to be around me or my children.  I dont know but what I do know is that Im sick of it, sick of feeling like I dont have a place to belong, feeling like my children dont belong anywhere, sick of feeling like Im on the outer.  You know, I feel like a kid at school who noone wants to be friends with.  I feel like Im on the outside looking into a party where all the popular kids are and Im just the nobody who doesnt fit in.

I found out thru facebook tonight that a friend of mine and that ex friend from playgroup both got invited to a mutal friend's son's birthday party today, and neither me or the girls got an invitation!  Im devastated!  I honestly thought I was close enough to this friend to warrant an invite but obviously I wasnt!  And I feel so hurt, after all the support I gave her while her little baby was in hospital having heart surgery, it just sucks the big one!  Im sad, not only for myself, but because of my girls too, its like they dont have any friends either because I dont have any friends.

The only people they play with is me, not with children their own age.  I dont know why I didnt get an invitation, dont know whether Im just not liked, or is it because me and Fat Cow arent on speaking terms and that would make the hostess uncomfortable, or is it because my child has a special  need?  I know its silly to think that just because my daughter has a disability that she doesnt get invited but its happened before to other people with children with disabilities.

I wish I had never joined that mothers group! I wish I had never met those women!  I wish that Fat Cow would just go back to South Australia and never come back, then I wouldnt have to run into her at the shops, and she wouldnt get invited and be in the popular crowd.  I know Im probably sounding very "High School" and like Im not making sense but Im so hurt and all I want to do is cry my heart out!

6 comments:

Janna said...

I don't understand those cows at all! Honestly Miss D, I'd be in-person friends with you in a heartbeat. You are cute, talented, fun, sincere and so loyal! As far as I'm concerned they are the people with the problem and it's their loss that they are alienating you and the girls. I hope you can forget about them and hook up with friends who'd appreciate you for the kind, loving person you are.

xoxo

nassie_gal said...

HUGs

couldn't read without replying.. i am sorry you feel this way about the party and having no friends. I feel like that at times too and just want that special friend l can turn to and help when l need it.... I agree you are a wonderful person and mother and hope you find some special friends.

Whispering Writer said...

I am so sorry to read this! It has really struck home with me. I am in the same place, no friends and left wondering what exactly is wrong with me.
I hope you find a real, true friend who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

~ Becky

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry girl! I don't have many friends either. I am not a mommy, but I know how it feels to be shut out. Forget them... you and your girls are better off. You should not be around people like that! You seem like a pretty swell person. I will pray that God sends you some real and true friends. Not onece you will make you want to cry. Keep your head up!!! xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree!! You are a very sweet, lovable person, and so are your girls!! And I don't know you face to face, but I understand all this just from reading your blog entries. Trust me, Danni, if all of us who comment on your blogs could all get together and meet up at your place, there would be one nice get together!! Then you would realize that you DO have good honest friends. I know that you need them close by as well, and you should be able to meet some that will be just that - good honest to goodness friends. And you will!! Give those others a boot - forget them, as they are not worth it!! Take care my dear, and prayers are going your way to make this wish come true!! Hugs and prayers - xoxoxoxo
Linda Lou

Peta said...

Hi Danni,

I'm a new reader to your Blog, and already, in such a short period of time I think you are an amazing woman, beautifull and a wonderfull Mum to your two girls.

I never did the Mother's group thing, all my neighbours and friends do, and happily meet each week for coffee and play dates, but for whatever reason my children and I have never fitted into the 'norm'.

Personally I don't like mother's/women who are unsupportive of one another's personal choices. There is so much judgement within these types of mother's groups, from whose husband earns the most, to whose baby walked the first!

Something I know, I don't need in my life anymore. Sometimes (I think) putting a stop to these types of friendships opens you to other more fullfilling, trusting friendships :)

Wishing you all the best Danni.