Well, this is easy! My unusual talent is doing impersonations of different characters from TV shows. I can also recite many lines from many movies and television programs. I love impersonating Fran Drescher from The Nanny, and Renee Taylor who stars as her mother Syliva Fine! Paige and Summer crack up laughing when Im doing my New York/ Jewish accent. I can watch something once and Ill be able to remember the lines from that show. I also love impersonating the Fawlty Towers crew and also the Bank West Sunflower.
My cousin said I sounded exactly like that sunflower, complete with the Chinese accent. I seem to drive my family members crazy with my impersonations, cos I keep doing them over and over, I dont know why, I guess it makes me happy and I get a bit of a laugh out of pestering my mother with them. I remember when Paige was in hospital a few months ago, we were sitting by her bed in the ICU and I kept on thinking of lines from Seinfeld, then I just started doing impersonations of George Costanza, just to lighten the mood a bit and to make me laugh and to stop thinking the worse was going to happen to my girl. Mum was laughing but she told me to shut up in the end.
9 comments:
ROFL! I wish I was there to watch your impersonations! I think that's an amazing gift to have.... :D
What is sadder is my "Little Weed" and Bill & Ben impersonations from the first series on ABC.
Very sad.
At least yours show talent rather than inebriation...
Miss D, you would fit right in with my sister and I! We are also a couple of impersonating parrots. Amy's latest thing is imitating one of the show hosts on the QVC shopping network. For instance, the gal was on last night hawking an upscale jewelry line, and when each new piece was presented, she kept saying "Amaaaaazing-Amaaaaazing!" and "Love-Love-Love it!" So my sister kept repeating her ad nauseum, lol, but she was funny doing the exaggerated imitations! As we know, I can use all the laughs I can find these days, just as you did while Paige was in the hospital. Laughter is always good for the psyche and the soul!
Sorry for long post *snort*
xoxo
OH. MY. GOD. How could it be that we've known each other years now and I never knew this?!?! Because *gives D an Elaine Bennis shove* ME TOO!! Fawlty Towers - I do Manuel trying to remember his order "A patty-lamb a patty-lamb a patty-lamb" when I'm trying to commit to memory anything Steve's told me. And I often ask him what his plans are by saying (like Basil says to Manuel when he's angry about the door being closed over) "What. You. Do. Now." Bwahahaaa oh I could go on and on.
I can recite the entire National Lampoons Vacation movie and Flying High. I also am known in the family for my ridiculous ability to recall useless lines from forgettable movies.... like the guy from Spies Like Us who says to Dan Ackroyd "You just better watch your maaouuuuth, mister." See? Useless.
OMG Danni, hilarious about the GC comments at the hospital! I would have been sitting in a puddle of wee. That's too funny.
My fave line from Elaine is "Here's to those who wish us well, and all the rest can go to hell!" and "Im not a lesbian! I hate men but Im not a lesbian!"
I just love impersonating the whole NY/Jewish accent, makes me laugh so much
You need to be in my industry - voice overs. You'd fit right in!
Oh Danni, this is so funny! You need to tape yourself doing one and you tube it for us all to watch hahaha
Oh no, I couldnt record myself doing it, Its too embarrassing, lol
Oh, I wish I could see you do that! If I ever make it down to Melbourne to meet some of my favourite EBers/Bloggers, I so want you to do that for me.
Post a Comment