Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Such Luck Tonight....With Paige Anyway!

There was not a peep from the girls last night and they slept in their beds for the whole night, but we were woken up at 7am by them rattling their bedroom doors.  Tonight though was a different story!  Summer was happy to go into her bed, but Paige didnt want to and wanted to go into her cot instead.  I put her in her bed anyway and sat with her for a bit just to ease her into it.  I then left the room and didnt hear from her but then half an hour later, I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and a little girl appearing from her bedroom, yep, it was Paige, coming to join us in the loungeroom.

I put her back to bed but she didnt want to sleep in her big bed tonight so back into the cot it was!  I dont want her to sleep in the cot anymore but I dont want to force her to sleep in her big bed cos I dont want her scared and distressed by it.  I kind of knew that this would happen with Paige as one time I tried shifting her cot into a different position in her room and she wouldnt sleep in it!  I know that with Paige that its baby steps with new things as they tend to not like changes to their routines etc.

So we suffered a little set back tonight, no big deal, will just perservere with putting her in her bed at night and see where that leads us.  I cant put her in there for a day sleep because she gave up day sleeps in feb of this year so putting her in there to sleep during the day is pointless as she will just play and muck around.  I was hoping that she would go to sleep without a hitch tonight in her bed but I guess that was wishful thinking on my part.  I guess this is just like anything else and having to take it one day at a time, no point rushing it or forcing her to do it!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Aww, well as you said one step at a time with Miss Paige. I'm sure she will warm up to sleeping in the new big girl bed soon. In the meantime, she is looking so much better and healthy these days! What a cutie-pie :D

xoxo