Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well, today was a perfect day! I couldnt have asked for a better day really!  I was surrounded by my wonderful family and the food was just delicious.  I enjoyed seeing my girls opening their presents, they got spoiled rotten as usual.  My mum and grandma bought them big girl beds with all the linen, as well as other stuff and they got loads of money so plenty to spend on their winter wardrobe.  I got a new pair of sunglasses, a Ped Egg for my feet and a new pair of pyjamas.  But the best present of all was seeing Paige happy and healthy.

For lunch we feasted on prawn cocktail, followed by roast turkey, roast beef, potato salad, grilled vegie salad, avacado, rocket and avacado salad, roast tomato and fried bocconcini salad and for dessert Summer pudding and mum's home made christmas cake!  I didnt really overdo it with the eating, so it was all good.  The food was easy to prepare and of course there is lots of leftovers but Im sure I can make something out of the turkey leftovers!

Here are some pics from today....


Paige and the new dollhouse

Excited by their new dollhouse

opening more presents

mummy and the girls

Big girl beds

One of the best things about today is that I didnt stress myself out, nor was i depressed or sad and I didnt get angry with anyone.  I dont know what it is about family gatherings at our house that make me all nervous and stressed.  I think its Rob's family who make me stressed, I dont know.  Perhaps today it was because only Rob's mum and dad were here and not his useless sister or his grandparents, I dunno but it was awesome!  The girls arent sleeping in their big girl beds tonight, Im going to ease them into it and hopefully, fingers crossed, theyll get used to them.

I hope all of my lovely friends and readers had an enjoyable christmas with their families xo

3 comments:

Cathy said...

So glad you had such a lovely stress free day, I did as well lol
Your girls are adorable, love the bed. Marry Christmas

Jude said...

Merry Christmas Danni girl!! I'm glad it was a stress free day for you, and the girls gifts are great! Hopefully it won't take long and they'll both love their new beds.

Janna said...

I'm glad you had a stress-free Christmas, and love the girls' huge, gorgeous doll house! The pic of the three of you is so nice, and I'm sure they will get used to their big girl beds in no time! xoxo