Monday, December 28, 2009

Big Girl Beds

Well, tonight is the first night the girls are in their big girl beds and so far so good!  I was a bit hesitant to put them in there, as I still have their cots in their rooms just in case, but they took to them like a duck to water!  I was actually very surprised that they chose to sleep in their new beds and that they didnt muck around and get up and play after we left them there.  I was half expecting yelling, screaming, and protesting to be let out of their rooms (we keep their doors ajar so that the cats dont go in there), but not so much as a peep!

I dont know if this will continue, Im keeping my fingers crossed that its like this every night, I know it can be one step forward two steps back, and I will continue to have their cots in their rooms for another couple of months until they get used to their beds.  Well at least that is one hurdle out of the way, the next hurdle is toilet training.  Im stressing about that, am trying not to but its hard.  I really want them both toilet trained, but I know Im dreaming and that having the two of them toilet trained is not possible.

Summer has sat on the potty once and since then never again! She doesnt want to go anywhere near it so I know not to push her, Paige on the other hand, I will put her in undies during the day and hope for the best.  I know I cant keep putting off the inevitable, I would love for her to be toilet trained before she is 5, I wish I could just snap my fingers and have her toilet trained.  And yesterday it dawned on me that she will be going to kinder and that Im going to really miss her like crazy!  I want January to go slow.

I had a bit of a cry yesterday, I know Ill cry on her first day at kinder too.

3 comments:

Jude said...

I hope they both prefer their new beds from now on!

When does Paige start kindergarten? I know it'll be a very emotional day for you Danni.

Janna said...

I also hope the girlies like their beds enough to sleep in them every night!

Good luck with the potty training. That always seems to be a challenging project for mothers.

xoxo

Penelope said...

How did they go Danni? Did they sleep well? I love their new big girl beds!