Summer is infatuated by me. She just cant leave me alone. I seem to be the centre of her world. Im like the Sun and she revolves around me. Lately, she has been crawling after me, crying and wanting my undivided attention. If Im sitting down or if Im in the kitchen, she'll crawl over to me and then pull herself up against my legs like a little lost puppy.
She wants me to cuddle her all day every day and if I dare put her down on the floor to play, well, she'll start throwing one of her spectacular tantrums. I swear this child just adores and worships me. Take last Tuesday for example. I went to the gym and put the girls in with Gabe in the creche. Paige went off and played happily, but not Summer, oh no! She turned on the waterworx and began reaching out to me (her new trick). The look in her eyes was saying "No dont leave me!"
Of course I felt horrible for leaving her there, but I trust Gabe, and she doesnt just leave the little ones there to cry, she cuddles them and sits and plays with them. Anyway, after my class I come back and there was Summer happily playing, but once she saw me the waterworx started again, and as soon as I picked her up she clung to me like a little monkey, her little legs wrapped around me and her little hands clutching my tee shirt.
She wont go to other people, but rather just cries if relatives try to pick her up. If my mum or grandma are cuddling her, she always has her eyes on me, making sure Im still in the room. I cant even go to the toilet because she cries to be with me. I dont remember Paige ever being this clingy towards me, she loves me but she is more attatched to Daddy. As I said to Rob the other day, I think the reason why Summer is so attatched to me and not to him is because Rob didnt spend a lot of time bonding with her in hospital, like he did when Paige was born.
When Paige was born, it was Rob who gave her the first bottle in special care nursery. He spent the first hour of her life with her while I was recovering a traumatic labour and subsequent emergency c/section. He would spend each day in hospital with us for hours, helping with feeds and nappy changes. But when Summer was born, he didnt get to spend much time in hospital with us because he had Paige to look after. He did spend the first 45 mins of her life with her as I was recovering from my c/section. But apart from that, it was me who did everything and bonded with Summer.
Rob used to think she never liked being with him as she used to cry a lot when I was out at the gym. It used to hurt me when he said that as it wasnt true. Summer is just a different kid, a sensitive little girl who is very much like her mummy in so many ways. Its lovely being loved and worshipped, I just wish she didnt cry so much when Im not around.
1 comment:
Awww, I can just imagine Miss Summer being mummy's shadow! I'm guessing she will become more independent as she gets older?
P.S. Thanks so much for reading my new blog :o)
xoxo
Post a Comment