Sunday, September 21, 2008

Missing: One Ginger Cat!

Mango has been missing since Thursday night. I didnt even know he was missing until Rob told me that he hadnt shown up that evening. I didnt see him on Friday and it didnt occur to me that he was gone. Rob told he he hadnt seen him that morning either. So here we are, Sunday night and he still hasnt shown up, Im starting to worry a little now and Im hoping he is okay.

He is the type of cat who likes to stay outside and he has gone missing before but has always come back. I looked in the old abandoned house across the street as Ive seen him loitering around there a few times, but he wasnt anywhere in the vicinity, plus I didnt want to hang around there too long myself as I dont know if its private property or not. I know the CFA do their fire training in that house so maybe they own it, I dunno, the point is it was a bit eerie there so I had a quick look in the back yard and had a look inside the window but no luck.

We have checked our shed, as a few times he has been sleeping in there, we checked the back of the shed, called him a gazillion times, went for a walk around the block near the park as he has loitered there a few times too and I was half expecting to find him squished by the side of the road, at least Id have some closure if I had found him dead.

I dont want to imagine that he is dead somewhere and Im hoping and praying that he is locked in someone's garage or shed (that happened to Panda once, was missing for the entire weekend and was locked next door) or maybe as he had lost his collar, that someone thought he may be a stray and has kept him. I dont want to think that he has been poisoned by some cat hater, or been attacked by a dog or a possum.
Ill be phoning the council pound tomorrow to see if the ranger had picked him up, hopefully he is at the pound.
I just want him back in one piece, I miss him :( Panda misses him, and Jess misses him too. Come home Mango :(

6 comments:

Janna said...

Aww, I hope your kittie shows up soon. I'll say a prayer that he finds his way home. I remember when Panda went missing and you found him at the neighbors, hope it's a similar outcome for Mango.

xoxo

Dory said...

awww I hope Mango shows up soon :( please keep us posted

Penelope said...

Oh no!! Come home Mango!!!

Jude said...

Aww Danni I'm sorry to hear this; and I'll be keeping him in my prayers too. I hope he wanders home soon! (((hugs)))

Peach said...

So sorry to hear this, Danni. I've been through this with Sammy, so I know what you're going through. Hope Mango finds his way home real soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Danni I so hope Mr Mango shows up soon. Perhaps he is just cavorting with a new lady friend he has found in the neighbourhood :)