Happy 11 Months to my little Summer, how time has flown! This time last year I was anxiously awaiting her arrival, and feeling very tired, huge and over it after being sick. I cant believe how fast she is growing, another month and she'll be One year old! Ive been planning her joint birthday party and Im hoping that my cardmaking supplies hurry up and get here post haste as I need to still make the invites, sheesh!
7 Years
It was 7 years ago today when the world found out that the USA had been under terrorist attack. I can still remember that horrible, horrible day as if it happened yesterday, and I wasnt even directly affected by the events that happened on 9/11. I remember waking up in the morning and trotting down stairs. The television was on and I saw what was happening on the morning news, however I thought it was an earthquake, not a jet hurtling thru the building.
As the events unfolded, I began to feel all sorts of emotions, and a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. "This isnt happening." I thought to myself. We were getting our new drapes hung in our new house that day, although it was all a bit insignificant then. I thought for sure that the events of that day would certainly trigger WWIII. What was the point of having a new house, new curtains, nothing mattered anymore. To me it felt like the beginning of the end.
I listened to the radio the whole day, listening to different stories, I felt so depressed, and I didnt even know anyone who lived in the US at the time. I was scared, sick and depressed. What was the point of having a beautiful home, and a family (although we didnt have kids at the time) It made me not want to bring children into the world.
Now 7 years later, my heart still bleeds for the lives that were lost on that horrible day. I still remember how I felt that day, the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. The feeling that we were heading to war, the feeling that everything that I love was going to be lost. I hope that my children will never have to see such horrendous events, I pray for their safety and everyone's around the world.
2 comments:
It was a scary time that day. We will all never forget that tragic day and what we were doing. Even though I was in Philadelphia at the time of the attacks, we were scared because we thought that we would be attacked since Philadelphia is a historic city where our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. My law firm closed, and we all went home that day in disbelief on what had happened.
I can't believe Summer is that old already either!
The whole world will always remember 911, God bless those who lost their lives, and their families.
Whenever I think of that day now I always think of our Janna and how close to it she was. I'll never ever forget her story she wrote about it on her blog a few years ago, sharing with us her feelings that day.
Post a Comment