Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just Call Her "Shiner"

We met up with the girls from our old playgroup today over at the park near my place. There is a huge adventure playground there and it was great to see the kids playing together again! Theyve all grown so much, even though Paige is still the smallest in the group. I was having a good old time chatting away with the girls, a few of us have had our second babies and another one of the girls is pregnant with her second child due in November.



Paige was with the other kids on this little bridge made of rubber, and I could see that she was okay, playing and having a good time, when all of a sudden I hear a child start to cry, and it was Paige! I dont know how it happened but she fell and hit her head on the wooden step. One of the girls saw it happen and picked her up and comforted her. But when I heard her cry, my heart just broke!



It broke even more when I saw the huge, purple bruise develop on her forehead! Then I saw she also had a red bruise on her eye, most likely from the bark on the ground, I dont know, it all happened so quickly. I had a cold, wet face washer with me and put it on her head to soothe the pain she mustve been feeling, and I gave her a huge mummy cuddle to reassure her that she was going to be alright, but the outing was ruined for me then. Its just so hard to have to keep an eye on her and Summer at the same time.



Paige still cant climb very well and all the steps in that playground are quite big and high so she has trouble negotiating them. She was okay after a few minutes and the fall hadnt deterred her as she was back on that little bridge where she had fallen, about 20 mins later! I just had to make sure that I was around to help her down from the steps. We left the others at around 1.30pm as she was getting tired and cranky and Summer hadnt had a big enough sleep so home we went.



Once we got home I put another cold face washer on her head but she began to cry again, I dont know if it was painful or she was just shitty, maybe a bit of both, but she has a nice purple bruise on her forehead now! I put her in her cot for a rest but my grandma told me not to let her sleep in case she was concussed, which really worried me. She was okay, running around the house as she usually does, the fall not deterring her at all!



I just felt really horrible that this happened, although it couldve been worse, I mean she couldve broken an arm, thank God she didnt! Anyway, here are some pics of her bruise, sorry theyre not the best looking pics of Paige, she looked so tired!


4 comments:

Jude said...

Aww the poor darling, it must have hurt but I'm glad she's fine. And poor YOU, it must be heart breaking to see your kids hurting! Falls, scrapes and accidents always follow kids around though Danni, so don't feel bad. A mom can't be everywhere at once!

Penelope said...

Wow that's one impressive looking shiner!

Oh poor little Paige...hope she is feeling much better now.

Janna said...

Aww, poor sweetie :o( Miss Paige is one tough cookie though so I'm sure she will be fine. Thank goodness kids are risilient and just keep going and going! Must have been so upsetting for you, Miss D, but all those bumps and bruises are part of growing up. You are doing a great job with your girlies!

xoxo

Averil said...

Oh poor darlin girl! Kisses - mwuah mwuah! xx