Thursday, September 04, 2008

New Words & Tantrums

Summer has learned a new word "Dad" and just in time for Father's Day too! She has said it a few times, will mutter "Dad, Dad, Dad" amongst other things, the little chatter box. She has also been blowing heaps of raspberries, its so, so cute, I could listen to her chat and blow raspberries all day long. Her and Paige have raspberry blowing sessions all the time, you cant shut them up.

In other news, Summer isnt even a toddler yet and she has been throwing spectacular tantrums! Mum said that I was lucky to have escaped the "terrible twos" with Paige but she seems to think I wont be as lucky with Summer. This kid really gets upset when she doesnt get her own way. Take yesterday for example, I took her out of her cot and put her down on the floor while I attended to Paige, well, Little Madam didnt like the fact she was on the floor and started crying very loudly and shreiking.

Later that morning I was getting ready to go out and again, had left her with Paige while I was attending to some things. She wasnt impressed and stared with the screaming again and the tearts like Niagra Falls! She didnt want to be away from me, so I had to pick her up and get things ready because she didnt want to be left on the floor. Bloody hell, talk about Cling-on!! I love to cuddle her but its hard doing things while having a baby attatched to you!

She doesnt like being left in her cot when she isnt asleep and will scream blue murder if you leave her in there. If someone tries to talk to her, she starts to cry, honestly, it does my head in! I mean I love being loved and all but this is ridiculous, she is so attatched to me! She crawls behind me crying "Mum, mum, mum", and the other day I had to go to the loo so I had shut the door between the lounge and the kitchen and I heard her screaming from the loo because she couldnt find me!

I dont ever remember Paige being so clingy to me and she is more sociable than Summer, Summer is very wary of strangers and people she has only met once or twice. She gets upset if my FIL looks at her, or if my grandfather looks at her, and she hates it if our dog Jess looks at her too, sheesh! Im really hoping she snaps out of it, I dont want her to be so shy and introverted, ah well, only time will tell I guess!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Danni,I don't want to be bearer of bad news but "most"(not saying all)kids with DS go through the terrible twos at 3 ,so you could have two going through it at once!You could be lucky though and she may not.Good Luck!

Danni said...

I think Paige is already going thru the terrible 3's!! She has thrown some good tanties as well, so yep, am already prepared, thanks for the heads up! :)

Colleen said...

Hey there, Summer and Paige are so cute. :) Thanks for the comment on my blog, all the kids have their daddies blue eyes so i cant take the credit hahaha.