Sunday, August 03, 2008

Uh-Oh Bring Out The Protective Gear, She is Feeding Herself!

Tonight, I made Summer some rice with chicken mince and Primavera sauce, and at first, she was happy eating as I spooned it into her mouth, but then she got bored and began spitting it out. I gathered she was finished as it was a huge bowl of rice and she ate quite a bit, so I left it on the tray of her high chair while she munched on a bit of Chicken rissole (the guts she is).

She decided she wanted to feed herself the rice! As you know rice isnt the easiest of food to pick up with your hands, and she made a right mess of it all! At one stage she dropped the bowl into her lap and had rice between her legs, so I could tell now she was just playing with it and removed the bowl and cleaned her up. I took her out of the highchair and let Jess our dog eat up the scraps.

Jess thinks its heaven when food scraps fall onto the floor or into the highchair, she'll go and vacuum up all the bits of left over meat after Summer has been taken out of the highchair, however I sometimes have to scold Jess for trying to get the bits of meat out of the highchair while Summer is still in there. Summer hates it and starts to cry, I dont blame her, I wouldnt want a huge dog trying to get food from between my legs either, lol!

Here are a couple of pics of Summer trying to feed herself and making a mess in the process! I also have another video to post, of Summer having her dinner, watch this space!



"Food Glorious Food"

2 comments:

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

How WONDERFUL!!!

Janna said...

I love it, lol!! Can't wait to see the video :o)

xoxo