I havent admitted to this but I had a serious crush on Ian "Thorpedo" Thorpe a few years back. It all happened during the Sydney Olympics and even though he didnt compete at the recent Olympics, watching the Olympics rekindled "the flame" of my crush. Good Grief, you people probably think I have nothing better to do than to lust after celebrities, but honestly I do, its just that there are so many gorgeous celebs out there, and I cant help it if Im attracted to them.
Anyway, I was so besotted by Ian that I made Rob take me all the way out to Cheltenham shopping centre so I could get my Ian Thorpe autobio signed by him personally. At the time we were still living at my grandparents' place and it was at least an hour and a half away from said shopping centre, but come hell or high water, I was going to get my book signed and see him in the flesh.
So anyway, we take the hike all the way out to Whoop Whoop, and then I had to stand in line with all the other Ian fans. There was a good sized queue already but I wasnt that far back either. I told Rob to go look around as I was going to be a while. By the time Ian actually came out, there was a massive queue of young girls. I swear I felt so old, and I was only 28 or 29 I cant actually remember. As it was I felt like a cradle snatcher for having a crush on a younger guy, but who could blame me, he is a gorgeous man.
As people were getting their books signed, I just couldnt believe how closer I was getting to actually coming face to face with Ian. I was so nervous! Shit, I was going to get my book signed by him and getting up close and personal! So it finally came to my turn and I gave him my book, and he opened it and I came down with a case of foot in mouth disease! I didnt know what to say to him. I just stared at him and tried not to say anything stupid! All I managed to say was "Hi Ian" like a friggen star struck fool!! He gave me a killer smile and said "Hi how are you?" He signed "To Danni, Ian Thorpe" While we were in line, a rep came along and asked us if we wanted a personalized message.
I am still kicking myself to this day, because I didnt have my fucking camera with me to have a picture taken. After the signing, I was on cloud 9 and refused to come down. I had my brush with a famous Olympian, and a hot Olympian at that! Rob asked me what I said to him and I told him I just said hi and he said "Is That all?" I mean, I didnt want to make an ass out of myself but in hindsight I cringe whenever I think of it, I mean I couldve said "Congrats" for winning all those medals but I was Gobsmacked!
When I got home from the signing, I had a message on the machine from my collegue at work and he told me that Ian was staying at the hotel! OMFG!!! I was freaking out!! It had been my day off and he checked in that very day. Shit! I was praying he would order room service for breakfast the following morning cos I wouldve been up there in a jiff to serve him his breaky. But as fate would have it, he didnt order in, I think he went down to the restaurant that day (he was only in for the night) and I bloody well missed him when he checked out!! I was shattered!! Some stupid bitch from reception got to meet him, and I saw the photo she had taken with him too, fuck I was so jealous!! IT SHOULDVE BEEN MEEEEE!!!!
Ah well, it wasnt meant to be. I got over it pretty quickly. I think I wouldve been even more shattered if it had been Sav or Nikki and I had missed them, but in all honesty if I ever met them I would probably say something to embarrass myself. I know theyre regular people at the end of the day, take away all the fame and celebrity and theyre just like you or me, but these guys are guys that I look up to and admire.
Anyway, I was looking at a website dedicated to Ian Thorpe and found some hot pics of him modelling his underwear line so I thought Id share. Of course there have been the gay rumours, and of course Rob has to be the one who calls him a poof. Funny, he calls all the guys I lust after poofs, it doesnt matter if theyre straight, just quietly, I think he is jealous and feels threatened. Anyhoo, I dont give a rats ass if Ian is gay, he is friggen gorgeous, just check out these pics (I hope no one is offended by a guy modelling underwear, if you are too bad!)
(Phwoarrrrr)

Breakfast in bed ladies?
6 comments:
Holy crap has he ever turned into one hot looking man!!!
4 years makes a big difference!!
:)
Hehehe cool Danni! No offense taken here, I am quite fond of young men in their undies ROFLMAO
Oh good! Yeah Trish, he has come a long way from that geeky looking guy! Yummmm!
ROFL Narelle!!!
Danni, you can have him all to yourself - he doesn't do much for me!!
Thanks Kathi, will do, ROFL
He's cute. Thanks for sharing some pics of Ian. I haven't met Sav or Phil yet. I did meet Rick, Joe and Viv. When I went up to Viv, it was his birthday at the time and I said, "I made you a sign." I made you a sign?! I felt like such an idiot! Joe is so intimidating to meet, but he is very gracious with the fans. When I met the Thundergod for the first time, I was so nervous that I forgot which hand to extend to shake his. Each time that I have met Rick, he is such a sweetheart and easy to talk to.
By the way, nothing wrong with having crushes. I still have them and will continue until the day I die. What can we say -- we know great eye candy when we see it!
Post a Comment