Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Cranky-In-The-Pants- Hip-Hugging-Toddler

Summer has been so cranky the last couple of days and much more clingy than usual. I know she is cutting teeth but this is ridiculous!!! She cant bare to be without me for a second and wants to be held all friggen day!! Putting her down on the floor will just result in tears and screams, and I honestly dont know how much longer I can put up with it, its really driving me nuts and if I mention it to Rob, he starts saying that I hardly spend any time with the kids as my mum or grandma looks after them, which is an out and out LIE!!! Im with them all day every day.

Sure I have in home respite for a couple of hours a week which I havent been using as we have had things on. The way he talks its like I neglect my kids. Well he isnt here during the day so what the fuck does he know!! God he makes me fucking ANGRY!!!! I hate his stinking attitude. I really wish HE had to stay home with them and do all the chores, cooking, shopping etc and see how HE can cope!! He'd be calling me within the first hour!!

I never remember Paige to be this bad!!! I went to the toilet yesterday and I could hear Summer screaming to be with me from the toilet, she was in the lounge!!! Honestly, is it too much to ask to be left alone for a few minutes to do my business? She is also starting to throw tantrums when you tell her No! She doesnt like to be told she cant do something. Take yesterday, she found the childrens Panadol in my bag and began to play with it (the lid was firmly closed) but I tried to take it off her and she threw a hissy fit!!

I honestly worry about that child! I worry about what will happen when she goes to Kinder. I have no worries about Paige, I know she will cope but Summer? I have fears that she will spend the first weeks crying for me. I blame myself you know. If I wasnt depressed during my pregnancy then Im sure she wouldnt be like this :o( I hate it, I hate having a child so attatched to me. I love her so much I just wish she were a happy child.

4 comments:

Being Me said...

Oh Dan :( All I can say is I HEAR YOU!! I'm so sorry you're at wits' end, esp. on a weekend when some of the pressure should feel like it's off.

A big hug for you xoxox How I wish we lived close by each other.

Janna said...

Aww, I hope Miss Summer gets over her crankiness to give her Mummy a break!

Big {{{Hugs}}} to you dear friend.
xoxo

Jude said...

I sure hope it's something that she grows out of Danni, and it just may be the case when she is a wee bit older and has a bunch of kids around her to play with. Good luck!

Kisses said...

Poor Love!! XXX