I took Summer for her 18 month Chicken Pox needle yesterday. I think she knew because she was a bit grizzly before we even got to the Dr. Then we were sitting in the waiting room and she was sitting on my knee but she was getting a bit heavy so I put her on the seat next to me but a lady happened to be sitting on the other side of her so of course she took one look at this lady and started to cry. The poor lady didnt even do anything except say hello.
So I put her back on my lap and we were playing, then it was time for us to go into the proceedure room. I put Summer down on the bench and as soon as the practice nurse walked in Summer began to wail. The nurse laughed and said, "But I havent done anything yet." I think she remembered her from the last time she had jabbed her. Then I had Summer on my lap and I had her in a very tight grip so she wouldnt squirm and when the nurse jabbed her in the arm, Summer let out this loud scream, right in my ear, so I was deafened for a few minutes.
It was all over in a blink of an eye, but the crying continued till we were out of the surgery. Im sure the waiting patients in the waiting room thought Summer was being murdered, in fact on Wednesday when we took her originally, she saw our GP walk into the room and she screamed, and he hadnt even done anything. He said to me "Now I want you to tell the patients out there that I didnt do anything to her." He joked, it was quite funny. Thats why he doesnt vaccinate the children anymore. He said he cant get near them for 6 months afterwards, but with Summer he cant get near her anyways.
She is very much like me in that way. I used to be scared stiff of Drs when I was little, I think she inherited that trait from me. She certainly wont be able to undertake a blood test without screaming, which leads me to my next point, piercing her ears! I really wanted to get both hers and Paige's ears pierced. I reckon that Paige would be able to cope with it, however I doubt that Summer would be able to handle it. She would scream bloody murder so I think Ill just wait till theyre old enough to ask me themselves.
2 comments:
Good idea about the ear piercing! Poor Summer, I also was afraid of doctors (and needles) when I was tiny.
I wish my Mom had had my ears pierced when I was a child - instead of me waiting until age 19, ouch! Oh well, she said it just wasn't in style back then.
Glad Summer made it through her needle, and at least you're prepared for her to fuss over it, awww poor little girlie. It's good her doctor has a sense of humor too, lol.
xoxo
Post a Comment