I had a lovely day today with my family and Rob's family over for brunch/afternoon tea. Of course we ended up with loads of food as usual, typical Wogs we are, lol. And my grandma went a bit overboard on the cakes from the cake shop. I was a good girl and didnt over eat till I was stuffed, I think I spaced myself quite well in the food department.
I got spoiled with a Coles/Myer gift card and a Sight Training game for my Nintendo DS. As I mentioned we had loads of food; quiche, mini pizzas, a cold meat/antipasto platter, Maltese Pastizzi (these are a puff pastry and ricotta parcel), chicken drumettes, party pies and sausage rolls. Then for afternoon tea we had Chocolate mudcake, sponge cake and Cherries on the run, plus mum's delicious scones with jam and cream and my chocolate cupcakes which were delicious.
I got spoiled with a Coles/Myer gift card and a Sight Training game for my Nintendo DS. As I mentioned we had loads of food; quiche, mini pizzas, a cold meat/antipasto platter, Maltese Pastizzi (these are a puff pastry and ricotta parcel), chicken drumettes, party pies and sausage rolls. Then for afternoon tea we had Chocolate mudcake, sponge cake and Cherries on the run, plus mum's delicious scones with jam and cream and my chocolate cupcakes which were delicious.
Yummy chocolate cupcakes
I also managed to get a wonderful shot of the girls together, it only took me ages, I dont even know how they managed to stay put for the shot, I think I just snapped away, hoping for the best.
Summer wasnt too happy when she saw Rob's family. For some reason she starts screaming whenever she sees her grandparents and great grandparents. Its a bit embarrassing really, as she just wont go to my MIL. My grandma wanted to give Summer something to eat so she didnt have to wait but whenever she took her into the loungeroom she would start to cry and didnt want to go in there because Rob's mum and grandparents were in there.
Paige is so outgoing and doesnt react the same way. Summer wasnt too perky today anyway, she is cutting her bottom molars amongst other teeth and was feeling a bit off and didnt want to be pestered. She felt more at ease once Rob's family had left. All in all it was a lovely, enjoyable day.
3 comments:
So glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Your cupcakes look deelish, and the pics are gorgeous! Those outfits on the girls are so adorable, and I agree it's quite an accomplishment to get 2 active toddlers to pose so perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing :D
Please send belated Mother's Day wishes to your mum, too...thanks.
xoxo
Happy Mother's Day Danni girl! What beautiful pics, both of them! You have such a pretty smile, and the shot of the girls together is precious.
So, uh.... you aren't by any chance sending any of those deelish chocolate cupcakes of yours to Canada for any reason are you? LOL
You look so refreshed, Danni! Beautiful photo of you and your little sweethearts.
The food! Am hungry now...
Post a Comment