Ive been recieving plenty of comments lately about how good I look and its giving me a swollen head. It really gives my confidence a boost and makes me feel good whenever anyone tells me how good Im looking these days. Today at the gym, while I was waiting for Body Combat to start there was one lady who started talking to me about my biceps and my triceps. I didnt know she was talking to me so I turned around to look at someone standing behind me and she said "Im talking to you, Im extremely jealous of how good your biceps are looking." Then Kaz agreed saying that yesterday she was complimenting me throughout the bicep and tricep tracks around how good my arms were looking.
She also said that my abs were looking more defined, then I felt a bit embarrassed when she said "Go on flex your guns." Lol, so I did. I must admit that my biceps are feeling very defined and very hard, before I started weight training I had no muscle whatsoever. When I stand with my core on, I can really see a bit of a six pack there, its not full on muscly like a guy's, there is no way that will happen to a woman as we dont have testosterone. I think that is why a lot of women dont like weight training because they think theyll bulk up like a guy and it's not possible.
By weight training, you build lean muscle mass and burn fat, as well as lose centermetres. I love it! Im getting stronger (my next challenge is to add another little weight onto both sides of my 20kg squat weight). I was getting bored with Body Pump at one stage and my lean muscle dropped off a bit, but now I try to do Pump at least 2 times a week. Im extremely sore today after doing my own weight training on Wednesday and Pump yesterday.
Ive found my love of Body Combat has been reignited and Im loving the latest release, absolutely loving it! The music is just awesome and it really works me up in a sweat. Its the only class that makes my head sweat, lol, I know Im working my ass off because my clothes are drenched afterwards and I feel sick once we come to the abs track.
To finish off, Im going to leave you with a video of one of the Body Combat tracks where we do muay thai a type of martial arts/boxing. I love it, love the music, love the moves, makes me feel empowered and strong.
Please note, we do not wear dicky school kid outfits when we do Combat, I think this was a launch day
7 comments:
Wow, Miss D, that video is impressive! I could never, ever keep up with the fast pace of those classes. Good on you though for receiving such nice compliments! They can only motivate you to keep at it :D
xoxo
Enjoy it, I loved Body Pump, I'm still trying to convince our local YMCA to extend their hours so I can actually get to a class, Body VIVE, is on my list! Enjoy it, its' nice to have those times where you feel so upbeat and positive about your physique :)
I miss Body Pump! In fact I miss the gym. I think its time for me to re join. I've been an avid gym goer for years. When I had Julian I let it lapse.
My faves are (in this order)
Pump
Step
Balance.
Love it!! Oh and we want pics of those biceps!
Oooh good girl! So awesome, I am too unco to keep up with that sort of speed...
I'm loving getting my muscle back too, but doing it the traditional circuit (cardio/weights/boxing - love boxing!) way.
At my peak a few years ago, my bench press weight was 40kg and I the most I've ever leg pressed is 250kg :o Ridiculous weights if you ask me - I usually stick to around 20kg arms and 130-150kg for legs, and find it tones nicely but doesn't bulk me up iykwim.
Sometimes I manage to stuff it up, we just have a laugh about it all, I think if I went to a mixed gym Id feel a bit intimidated by all the meathead guys there so Im glad I go to Fernwood.
Good God I'm impressed you can do that, I couldn't do it for 2 minutes! LOL
Jude, its very high impact but there are low impact options and the older ladies often use the low impact options. In some tracks we have to do jump kicks, theyre very tricky, but so much fun to do!
Post a Comment